SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger trigger swap- sure was worth it.

Two Spurs

Finally................... did the trigger swap in my Stoeger and ran a box of shells through it. ^_^

Much simpler than I thought it would be.

Happy cowboy. :D

But why?

Fillmore

Because I'm an adult and I could......

:P:lol:

I enjoy improving my game while having more fun than anyone else out there. :lol::D

If you've ever shot one with the triggers swapped, then shot one without, you would notice a difference. Just a cool thing that might help,

CR

Is it hard to do and does it require requireany special tools?

I'll send you the PDF from the write-up in the SASS Chronicle.

The only special tool I had was a Dremel tool. If you don't have one, this is a great excuse to buy one. Wouldn't try the swap without it.

I'll send you the PDF from the write-up in the SASS Chronicle.

The only special tool I had was a Dremel tool. If you don't have one, this is a great excuse to buy one. Wouldn't try the swap without it.

I would sure like to have the PDF also if you wouldn't mind? Thanks

I did it on my Stoeger several years ago and I have had no problems. Does it make me faster? I dunno....maybe. You just have to file off a little bit of the metal flange on the side of the trigger so it will pass the other trigger when you swap them.

Because I'm an adult and I could......

:P:lol:

I enjoy improving my game while having more fun than anyone else out there. :lol::D

You surely can do anything you want to.

I enjoy improving my game also, that's why I asked, "Why?" You didn't answer my question tho.

Fillmore

Fillmore, from what I understand the perceived improvement is this, by swapping the triggers the left barrel fires with the front trigger, or first so that swinging on to the next target to the right is quicker for when the right barrel fires.

Being left handed myself, shooting from right to left when allowed, and having several different side by sides, I never saw a need or desire to do it.

I enjoy improving my game also, that's why I asked, "Why?" You didn't answer my question tho.

Fillmore

For a right hander it makes the follow up shot easier to manage - after the first shot the finger can slide off the forward trigger right onto the rearward trigger...much better.

Leftys need not apply...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

For a right hander it makes the follow up shot easier to manage - after the first shot the finger can slide off the forward trigger right onto the rearward trigger...much better.

Leftys need not apply...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

+1

Make's it much easier for your trigger finger to find it. As it is right there as you come off the front trigger.

Lefty's already have it set up that way.

Fillmore, from what I understand the perceived improvement is this, by swapping the triggers the left barrel fires with the front trigger, or first so that swinging on to the next target to the right is quicker for when the right barrel fires.

Being left handed myself, shooting from right to left when allowed, and having several different side by sides, I never saw a need or desire to do it.

But if you did do it, you'd have to deal with the unchanged issue we right handers have :P

Sorry Grizz.

Not the reason.

It is simply for right handers can find the back trigger faster and easier.

Lefty's already have the back trigger sticking out at them so no need to change for them.

Fillmore

Sorry Fillmore! I thought you were making a funny there. ^_^

Like the others said- to pick up a bit more speed. Stock trigger configuration puts the front trigger on the right side of the two. When your finger leaves the front trigger you have to move it behind and to the left of the front.

Swap them, and after your finger leaves the front trigger (now on the left side of the two) you pull it straight back and take your second shot.

You might not think it would be that much difference- I didn't either until yesterday. I was very surprised and extremely happy with the results.

If that peaks your interest I would encourage you to see if someone at your club has one for you to try! :D

Best regards,

Two Spurs

Thanks for your input. Could you send me the PDF? I'd like to learn more. Thanks.

fillmorecoffinscvr@yahoo.com

Fillmore

Sent to ya Fillmore. :)

If anyone else wants the PDF just send me a PM.

***And big thank you to Larsen Pettifogger for doing the article in the Chronicle. Excellent job of walking a pard through the process. :D

Archived