SASS Wire Forum

Internet Sales?

Yellowhouse Sam # 25171

I had to show a couple of uninformed that buying a gun on the net involves shipping to an FFL and from an FFL for many states.

My favorite uninformed story from the media was a report about three years ago of a robber pulling a 25mm pistol out of his pocket and holding up a person at an ATM. I might think twice myself about someone with a 25mm pistol. 25mm = .984 caliber

I think it's called cover thine own a$$ 1st.By making the buyer go through an FFL,they know there'll be a background check done.That leaves the internet seller clear of selling to a convicted felon and not being accused of being a "straw buyer".

They are using vague blanket terms to rally support. They bolster it with lies like 'anyone can buy a gun over the internet' and others that make it sound like any gun purchase involving the internet some how magically bypasses back ground checks.

The only very small point they have is the forums and what not where private parties can arrange to sell face to face. They don't even hardly exploit this point, because even they know it's a very small percentage involved.

They are using whatever they can to push their agenda, and as we all know that agenda has nothing to do with violent crime, it has to do with control.

Well here in Coloradofornia, after the new law goes into effect, all sales between private parties must go thru a FFL so as to get a background check. And they think this will effect criminals how exactly? Yes, it may stop some honest person from selling to a convicted felon, but then again that convicted felon may well just meet up with him, and mug him on the way to the FFL.

I had to show a couple of uninformed that buying a gun on the net involves shipping to an FFL and from an FFL for many states.

My favorite uninformed story from the media was a report about three years ago of a robber pulling a 25mm pistol out of his pocket and holding up a person at an ATM. I might think twice myself about someone with a 25mm pistol. 25mm = .984 caliber

Them 25mm guns are great "hide outs". . . . . but the pockets that you need for 'em . . . :o:blink:;)

Well here in Coloradofornia, after the new law goes into effect, all sales between private parties must go thru a FFL so as to get a background check. And they think this will effect criminals how exactly? Yes, it may stop some honest person from selling to a convicted felon, but then again that convicted felon may well just meet up with him, and mug him on the way to the FFL.

That 'bout sums it up, Dave.

And as I mentioned in another thread, here in these parts FFL holders are now chargin' up to $100 for the "service." <_<

When you have the uninformed teaching the uneducated, it seldom ends well.

And by their own admission, they have not followed up on most of the FFL transfers.

Kinda like that "secure" border down south.

My take is that the politicians put up the hoops for feel good reasons, and then

when somebody misses the hoop, they can say "see, we need more laws.

I would bet the farm that if they would enforce the laws on the books and forget

about making more, we would have a lot less crime. JMO.

Archived