SASS Wire Forum

Can Obama be impeached over gun restrictions

Six-Shot

You can Impeach him, but getting him convicted is another story. Remember that Clinton was impeached, but found "Not Guilty"

Nixon resigned before impeachment proceedings began. Andrew Johnson was also Impeached, if I recomember right.

Jake

I think Obama may have wimped out on this one, deferring to the Legislative Branch to do his bidding. I think he has enough smarts to know that an executive order banning ownership of any firearm would put him in deep cow manure with a large segment of the population, who would demand his impeachment or arrest. I would prefer the latter. I think this was only round one of a big fight we have coming. I wonder if the professed pro-2nd Amendment legislators on both sides of the aisle will have the stones to stand their ground, or will they sell us out?

Flood senators and reps with letters, letters letters the mid terms are not that far away and they know we have long memories. Impeachment is a useless process in this case, he would never be convicted in the senate. It didn't hurt slick Willy.

Talk of impeachment is a needless distraction. We need to focus.

Talk of impeachment is a needless distraction. We need to focus.

Agreed, but pro-2nd Amendment Legislators can really put the brakes on a lot of this. I hear Rand Paul plans to introduce legislation next week

to nullify any of the President's executive orders. We need Representatives to play hard ball just as hard as the opposition. I'm tired of wimpy

Representatives not willing to play the political game just as mean, just as nasty as the opposition. In D.C. nice guys finish last.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Can Obama be impeached over gun restrictions

"Can"... yes.

Will... no.

Waste of time... 51% and a compliant media... outnumber us.

ts

Yea ..amazing how politicians shy away from the real facts. :angry:

Sitting down under here listening and watching all this BS over guns over there, makes my heart feel for you guys.

Reading & looking at a lot of news reports the fools on Capitol hill will still pursue the 'gun' issue, even though it's nothing to do with guns at all. We all know that, but pollies can't lose face now, they knee jerked & blamed guns and will pursue it even though they know they're wrong.

When they realise that this half brain dead, mentally blown little s..t of a kid is to blame, because he had a beef with some folks down at the school then we/you may get some intelligent debate about gun issues.

It's laughable that takes guns away from law abiding people will make gun crime go away???

They've tried that down here, we're not allowed to have or carry or store a gun for self protection here in Aussie. We can have them, plenty of them mind you, but only for sporting, hunting & target shooting.???

There are massive restrictions & hoops we have to jump through, discrimination on a massive degree.

Result....there are more crime & shooting now than before the gun buyback??? Go figure??

The population, shop owners, the elderly especially are at the mercy of the crims, hold ups abound, why....they the crims know we aren't carrying, or don't have one under the counter.

It's open slather here in Aussie, a criminals paradise, with sentences if you're ever caught, that are a joke!!! Crime really does pay here.

Where you guys give out 25 years there for the same thing here, you're lucky to get 8 years???.

So as some you are saying, I'd be bombarding your Senators who whoever , about they should get a real life and look at the cause of the problem. Instead of trying to cure a problem, we should be looking at preventing it in the first place.

Stand firm, stay strong, & most of all, shoot straight my friends and you'll win this thing.

See y'all at EOT

Regards,

Jack.

So don't think of coming here cowboys...it's no good and it's twice the cost to live here anyway,...that's why I'm getting ready to come over there. :)

Yea ..amazing how politicians shy away from the real facts. :angry:/>

Sitting down under here listening and watching all this BS over guns over there, makes my heart feel for you guys.

Reading & looking at a lot of news reports the fools on Capitol hill will still pursue the 'gun' issue, even though it's nothing to do with guns at all. We all know that, but pollies can't lose face now, they knee jerked & blamed guns and will pursue it even though they know they're wrong.

When they realise that this half brain dead, mentally blown little s..t of a kid is to blame, because he had a beef with some folks down at the school then we/you may get some intelligent debate about gun issues.

It's laughable that takes guns away from law abiding people will make gun crime go away???

They've tried that down here, we're not allowed to have or carry or store a gun for self protection here in Aussie. We can have them, plenty of them mind you, but only for sporting, hunting & target shooting.???

There are massive restrictions & hoops we have to jump through, discrimination on a massive degree.

Result....there are more crime & shooting now than before the gun buyback??? Go figure??

The population, shop owners, the elderly especially are at the mercy of the crims, hold ups abound, why....they the crims know we aren't carrying, or don't have one under the counter.

It's open slather here in Aussie, a criminals paradise, with sentences if you're ever caught, that are a joke!!! Crime really does pay here.

Where you guys give out 25 years there for the same thing here, you're lucky to get 8 years???.

So as some you are saying, I'd be bombarding your Senators who whoever , about they should get a real life and look at the cause of the problem. Instead of trying to cure a problem, we should be looking at preventing it in the first place.

Stand firm, stay strong, & most of all, shoot straight my friends and you'll win this thing.

See y'all at EOT

Regards,

Jack.

So don't think of coming here cowboys...it's no good and it's twice the cost to live here anyway,...that's why I'm getting ready to come over there. :)/>

We'll keep a light on for ya.;)

And Welcome you with open arms!

You will be a great addition to our Republic, and in the full tradition of our embracing legal immigrants!

Welcome!

I think Obama may have wimped out on this one, deferring to the Legislative Branch to do his bidding. I think he has enough smarts to know that an executive order banning ownership of any firearm would put him in deep cow manure with a large segment of the population, who would demand his impeachment or arrest. I would prefer the latter. I think this was only round one of a big fight we have coming. I wonder if the professed pro-2nd Amendment legislators on both sides of the aisle will have the stones to stand their ground, or will they sell us out?

Wouldn't matter if he was in deep manure or not, that is why he didn't do this stuff his first term, he knew it would insure he was a one term wonder. Now that he doesn't have to stand for election again, he can pretty much do as he wishes.

IF impeachment proceedings were ever started, a long shot in itself, it would be unlikely to pass in the House. Even if it did, can you see a Senate controlled by Reid convicting him?

Archived