SASS Wire Forum

Executive Orders

Nichols Creek, SASS #77627

Just a question to my wire pards. Many I know to be former or current military members.

Rumor (here we go) has it, that one of the orders the president might use, is to require all federal employess to register their weapons.

I don't know how far that would get with somfe folks, but in the military, the POTUS is the Commander in Chief.

If you were in a command position, what would you do???

Doesn't look like a registration, but who knows what Obama is planning?

Just watched a bunch of people picketing a Walmart in CT demanding they stop selling assault rifles after all " they're easier to buy than Sudafed" according to one lady.

I predict Wallfart will roll over pretty quick. Being as how they're the biggest company in thr world, this will embolden the antis even more.

And I thought 2012 was a bad year.

Any weapons stored on post or brought on post at military bases are already registered. In effect what you propose would tell base commanders to do what they already do regarding activity and actions within the boundries of a military reservation.

If one lives off base and does not transport weapons on base, not sure how any order to register guns could be enforced. One could always say the weapons belong to the non-military spouse. Commanders have no authority over non-service members actions beyond the boundries of the base, except overseas where they can order spouses bace to the states if they are deamed detrimental to good order and discipline

I recall an incident awhile backwhere a junior officer told his troops that all private firearms had to be registered. Even off post residents. The resulting brouhaha ended when senior commanders rescinded the order, calling it a misunderstanding. I think it was at Bragg or Campbell last year.

I'd tell him to register his birth certificate first.

..........Widder

How dare you - a subject - tell the king what to do :lol:/>

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Howdy, Pards,

When I was on active duty in the Air Force, lived for a short time in the BOQ, and had my hunting rifle and a pistol, neither of which I will describe here, I had to register them with the AP's. When I lived off base, later, except when I took a M19 to qualify (the M&P's they had for qualification were shaving jacket material so bad I was afraid I was going to kill someone standing on either side of me!! :blink: Come to think of it, I never did register that piece. Sold it after I got out to a park service ranger.

As far as Obama issuing "executive orders" to go around Congress, depending on what the orders were, I suspect he would get slapped down by the SCOTUS, at least on some points.

I think a lot of folks are beginning to realize that after the so-called "Assault Weapons and high cap magazine ban that was passed during the Clinton years, that he allowed nealy a million AKM's to be imported from the PRC. Now just how are they gonna track down all those pieces, etc.? And even if Obama issues some sort of confiscatory or restrictive order, he has to have the money to pay for enforcement...all else aside. I doubt he could get the funding approved in the House...and maybe not the Senate either. Those "Congersepeople" have to think about getting re-elected in about a year and three-quarters!

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Your Pard,

Seems the President will be surrounded by children when he makes his anti-gun announcement tomorrow....yeah, like he really supports children....look at his record on supporting the unborn.

Seems the President will be surrounded by children when he makes his anti-gun announcement tomorrow....yeah, like he really supports children....look at his record on supporting the unborn.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation".

Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation".

Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

I reckon so -_-/>

Make that one global....:FlagAm:/>

Doesn't look like a registration, but who knows what Obama is planning?

Just watched a bunch of people picketing a Walmart in CT demanding they stop selling assault rifles after all " they're easier to buy than Sudafed" according to one lady.

I predict Wallfart will roll over pretty quick. Being as how they're the biggest company in thr world, this will embolden the antis even more.

And I thought 2012 was a bad year.

I think you right but I will venture to guess they will quit selling guns in certain markets, if that stop all together the South will rise again.

KK

This is a serious challenge. Some executive orders might be ruled legal. For example the government might for example say that all hazmat shippments have to be in a separate truck, from all other goods. That could price some ammo components out of the affordability range.

This is a serious challenge. Some executive orders might be ruled legal. For example the government might for example say that all hazmat shippments have to be in a separate truck, from all other goods. That could price some ammo components out of the affordability range.

yup

and that kind of stuff will be done for a purpose

price us out of things

then local thugs would start to require that folks have permits to store it

for a fee of course

I think we will see events that could only lead a sane person to one conclusion but they will not be interpreted by sane people. Even as the SCOTUS, a corrupted body, finds contorted ways to agree with his actions, as they did with Obamacare, even with the understanding of the deeper anti-constitutional intent.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/meese-obama-guns-impeachable/2013/01/14/id/471412?s=al&promo_code=11F25-1

Before this is judged here to be the end of the world as we know it, Perhaps it would be good to remember that Executive Orders are still ONLY applicable as they are direction from the head moron to his minions in the executive branch in accordance with the laws as passed by the legislature.

And if it is a direction from the moron in chief to the US Military then it would be an ordinary order.

(By the way, I respect the office, just not the current imposter occupying it.)

Before this is judged here to be the end of the world as we know it, Perhaps it would be good to remember that Executive Orders are still ONLY applicable as they are direction from the head moron to his minions in the executive branch in accordance with the laws as passed by the legislature.

And if it is a direction from the moron in chief to the US Military then it would be an ordinary order.

(By the way, I respect the office, just not the current imposter occupying it.)

true

but they have the numbers behind them (wind)

they have been brillant in using sound bites and the internet

to raise an army of under-informed

four more years

four more years

yikes,

holly cow

what the ***k is happening

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

The only Executive Order outta our POTUS mouth... is a Happy Meal at Micky D's... to go along with his intellect.

ts

The only Executive Order outta our POTUS mouth... is a Happy Meal at Micky D's... to go along with his intellect.

ts

Careful ts, please don't flatter the pos too much it might go to the stub of a brainstem he has.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Kinda looks like a hostage situation to me...

Archived