SASS Wire Forum

Ringo Fire Did It!

Major Pain

I remember it well. It was a lovely, sunny day and I was on a posse (1), at the U.S.Open this year in Sparta, I was with a great bunch of shooters and one of them was this handsome, tall drink of water from Texas. I thought, this guy looks like a western movie star :lol: Dazzled by his rugged good looks, :rolleyes: I stared at his belt buckle and said, "I really look up to you, big dude (I'm 5' 8." He must be close to 7')." Then I asked, "What's that purple tie around your arm?" From his tintanabulating tonsils, he says in his mellifluous Texas accent, "Why I'm a Dooley Gang member!" He then proceeds to tell me all about the Dooley Gang, the membership :blush: and the need to wear something purple at every match or buy rounds for all other Dooley Gang members present. Ringo also dutifully described the high standards required of Dooley Gang members :unsure: So, naturally I say, "How do I join a cool sounding gang of cowboys and ladies such as you have so eloquently described? That's when I saw a bright light (I think it was the fire in Ringo's eyes), and as I held my hat over my heart, Ringo, as a duly authorized representative, swore me in as a member of the Dooley Gang! YEE HA :D

Thus let it be known on the records of the land and throughout SASS, that Sweet Lou (formerly Major Payne) will dutifully and with respect, uphold the standards, principles and responsibilities :rolleyes: Expected as a member of the Dooley Gang.

Now, where do I get my purple arm tie?

Sweet Lou. :FlagAm:

TJH,

You couldn't be more right! He's a great guy and we had a lot of fun.

Regards,

Sweet Lou

Grizz,

Thanks for the info. My wife can sew most anything. But when she retired, she "retired" if you catch my drift. I'll check the yeller pages.

Sweet Lou

Sorry Grizz,

The lovely Bella is busy until Dec. She and Mose are shooting all over until then.

Sweet Lou

Thais Ugly! Sparta was great fun wasn't it? Did you get over to Coulterville, Il to the Pistol City Bar and Saloon? The grub was really good there. Wolfy, Pit Viper, the Molasses Kid and I all got their T-shirts.

Sweet Lou

Grizz

I really would like to come to a "Comin at Cha" one day! We have friends in Dallas and Allen we need to go see.

Be good now.

Sweet Lou

Welcome to the Dooley Gang... I have to second all the GREAT things You said about Ringo Fire. He has traveled all over the country inducting new members. If You don't have an armband when You make it to CAC I'll give You one on mine.....wait!!!!! Your gonna need one before then!!!!! See Ya down the trail.. T-Bone Dooley

I can't believe it. a new member and no mention of the Royal libation required?

Crown Royal, that is.

Nozzi,

My great grandfather was born in Jackson county Mo. All my ancestors knew well the need for regular participation in the partaking of "libations."

Sweet Lou

Hey Sweet Lou,

Sounds like lots of possitive changes happening.

Names, cowboy affiliations.....?

I may take a closer look at the Dooley gang when I get to Commin' at Cha in November. I am sure I'll have to repent before the swearing in ceremony :)

Now Let's Go To TEXAS!!

Ringer

Hey Sweet Lou,

Sounds like lots of possitive changes happening.

Names, cowboy affiliations.....?

I may take a closer look at the Dooley gang when I get to Commin' at Cha in November. I am sure I'll have to repent before the swearing in ceremony :)

Now Let's Go To TEXAS!!

Ringer

Repent? No! You'll probably have to step it up a notch.

Nozzi,

My great grandfather was born in Jackson county Mo. All my ancestors knew well the need for regular participation in the partaking of "libations."

Sweet Lou

Welcome to the Gang Sweet Lou! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet ya in Sparta, I'm sure we probably crossed paths. There was just too many new faces to catch them all! And yep, yer right about our pard RANGO FAHR, he's one'a the best!

As for your purple arm band dilemma, head to Wal-Mart. Go to the automotive department and check the key ring/lanyard rack located near the cash register there. Nearly every Wal-Mart I've ever been in has a selection of key lanyards that includes a purple paisley. Simply cut the metal clip off, tie it on yer arm and Voi la, Dooley Gang arm band in a pinch! Not elasticized for comfort but will do til ya get what ya want. Also, most bigger shoots will have vendors with arm garters, purple is usually in their selection given the popularity of the Gang.

Titus A. (sittin here in Jackson County, MO) Gnatsass

Forty Rod,

I was born in Junction City, KS. Career U. S. Army officer. Somehow I just kept my kind, loving, "sweet" personality. :rolleyes: Check October's CC for the story of my conversion from a "Major Payne" to "Sweet Lou."

Allie,

Thanks a heap! I met you once in Norco at the Jersey Lilly shoot! You da babe! :wub:

Titus,

We shook hands a couple of times in Sparta. I was on posse 1 with Wolf Wind Walker, Pit Viper and the infamous Ringo's Fire, boy wonder :blush:

Looks like I get to go to Comin At Cha. Anybody going?

Sweet Lou

That rascal Ringo Fire inducted me into the Gang when I was on his posse at Mule Camp 2007 (I doubt Ringo remembers me). I promised to uphold the low standards of the Dooley Gang. I've done my best!

Ringo Fire is a great ambassador of CAS! And, the Dooley Gang!!

God bless!

Birdgun

Titus,

We shook hands a couple of times in Sparta. I was on posse 1 with Wolf Wind Walker, Pit Viper and the infamous Ringo's Fire, boy wonder :blush:

Looks like I get to go to Comin At Cha. Anybody going?

Sweet Lou

OK, I know who ya are now. Lotta new names and faces at the Open. CYA at CAC! :)

Where is that Ringo's fella? He should be reading all these glowing comments about him.

Sweet Lou

Archived