SASS Wire Forum

American pioneer in 45 LC ?

Bronco Man

3F for sure, for exactly the reason Larsen stated. The newer formulation now out there - black bottle - is better than before in terms of dust, which eventually binds the powder measure.

APP WILL give you lots of smoke, being arguably the smokiest of the subs.

As far as clean-up, water works, as does straight Ballistol - nothing else is needed.

To reduce blowback from the 45LC case and make cleaning even easier, I favor a 250 gr. bullet and a tight crimp. With that combination and lubed with Ballistol, my Marlins will easily run 6 stages with no attention at all, start getting stiffer around 8.

CS

Since you live in Florida remember it is hydroscopic. Buy only the quantity you need and load what you shoot soon or the results may be unsatisfactory. It cleans up very well with water and leaves minimal fouling for a BP sub. It's what my wife uses.

I am using 2F APP in 45LC without a problem. Can't tell the difference from 3F when shooting. Cleanup with ballistol & water.

I load in a Dillon 550 using a Lee powder-thru expander in place of the powder measure, with a funnel that fits into the top of the die. Lee dipper, powder, drop in the funnel, no problem. I do the same with Goex 2FG, no problems there either.

Holler

FFG works for me. Make sure you clean your press well with a brush and/or compressed air or you will get rust spots on it overnight

I use APP FFF in 45LC and FF in ShotShell and 44 Cap and Ball.

Cleaning is no issue. Windex(With Vinegar)cleans everything up including Plastic Melting from the ShotShells.Lube with Ballistol Only

My 45s are loaded on a 650 using a regular Powder Drop and a Mec Super Sizer to Load the FF for ShotShells.

I use a homemade Dipper for the Cap & Ball.

Everything is Blowed Off or Out Completely after Loading a batch to prevent any corrosive effects.

2Fg or 3Fg will function just fine in the guns, but my Dillon presses do not like 2Fg. They clog or bridge after a short time, while 3Fg does not. Some measuring systems are not affected this way.

CR

Archived