SASS Wire Forum

Above All, Please Be Careful Out There

Calamity Kris

We live down the street from a Sheriff's station, around the corner from a fire station and across the street from a hospital. I have heard more sirens this year than ever before. Whatever kind of celebration you choose to partake in, please be safe. I want to see you back here tomorrow, and for many years to come. :)

Buick and I had a safe way to celebrate today. We headed up to Cheyenne, and with 18 others shot some stages left over from Hell on Wheels to raise money for the folks who lost their homes in the recent High Park fire. Got to try out my new rifle, she's a little stiff but with some work she's gonna be sweet! :D:) Only thing slightly dangerous was the drive back, that American Furniture Warehouse truck driver needs to learn to look before changing lanes! :angry:

Now we're home for the day, will spend the rest of the evening sewing and watching NCIS. I think that may be safe enough :lol:

Happy 4th to you Kris and to all the other Saloonatics :)

Calico, are you going back to Cheyenne on Saturday? I am currently planning on it.

Been pretty quiet around here today, with fire bans and fireworks bans and big time enforcement due to the fires, I guess people are being sensible. So far anyway.

Thinking about it, it may depend on how tired Buick is by Friday. If you get the chance though, definitely go. It's for an excellent cause, and it's really sweet of Louisiana Lightning and Belle Drewry to do it :)

And it's been quiet around here, except for about 45 minutes or so ago. Some kind of aircraft (probably military but didn't see it) went over the house, loud enough to make the windows rattle. Normally the emergency choppers don't make that much noise, and commercial aircraft don't fly that low. Kinda scared me for a second, but I'll still take that over any illegal fireworks!

Thinking about it, it may depend on how tired Buick is by Friday. If you get the chance though, definitely go. It's for an excellent cause, and it's really sweet of Louisiana Lightning and Belle Drewry to do it :)

And it's been quiet around here, except for about 45 minutes or so ago. Some kind of aircraft (probably military but didn't see it) went over the house, loud enough to make the windows rattle. Normally the emergency choppers don't make that much noise, and commercial aircraft don't fly that low. Kinda scared me for a second, but I'll still take that over any illegal fireworks!

We had one of those late this afternoon, they must be on maneuvers or something.

Weather for Cheyenne Saturday looks good other than a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms, but hopefully those hold off til after the match.

I'm just thankful nobody took a video of you dancing! :D

Just had to check the scores on the club website to see when the last match I shot was, it was April, I'm ready to send some lead downrange.

Buick and I had a safe way to celebrate today. We headed up to Cheyenne, and with 18 others shot some stages left over from Hell on Wheels to raise money for the folks who lost their homes in the recent High Park fire. Got to try out my new rifle, she's a little stiff but with some work she's gonna be sweet! :D:) Only thing slightly dangerous was the drive back, that American Furniture Warehouse truck driver needs to learn to look before changing lanes! :angry:

Now we're home for the day, will spend the rest of the evening sewing and watching NCIS. I think that may be safe enough :lol:

Happy 4th to you Kris and to all the other Saloonatics :)

Late last night, I heard this rapid fire BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM ! I jumped out of bed and proceeded to adjust my go to hell hat and lock and load !

Then I thought I was just gavin' nother night terror, but I heard it again !

Bet dem folk spend hundreds on dem damn thins' !

Archived