SASS Wire Forum

Do You Have a Gun in Your House?

Caliope Cupcake #13981

I'm on Medicare, have a supplemental policy, see 4 doctors at various times during the year and have never been asked any of these questions or seen them on any of the multitude of forms I have filled out. What's wrong with me? :(

The American Academy of Family Practice 'requires' its members to include asking about firearms in the personal history. I did, but I reworded it, "Do you have firearms in the home, and if not, why not?" :ph34r:

B)

Asking questions if you are armed or have firearms is a natural progression. We've become used to it every time we fly. Only they do more than ask at the airports...for the security and safety of the public. <_<

Not only is the AMA anti-gun but they are also anti-horse!!!

I use to work in a major medical center and on one of the floors they had a very large bulletin board posted with stats of medical studies. This board was directly across froma ank of three elevators so it was seen by anybody getting off them. One of their so called studies posted "facts" about the dangers of gun ownership straight out of the Brady book.

One the same campus there was a outpatient clinic treating largely low income patients. One of the flyers they passed out stated that all guns should be removed from the home.

As for being anti-horse I was seen by a doctor in the same clinic when I recovering from one of my horse wrecks. I ask the doc when I can start riding again and she says "If I have my way never." So I says back "How about giving me some advice that I am not going to ignore." DING! DING! DING!

As for being anti-horse I was seen by a doctor in the same clinic when I recovering from one of my horse wrecks. I ask the doc when I can start riding again and she says "If I have my way never." So I says back "How about giving me some advice that I am not going to ignore." DING! DING! DING!

I would have said, "I believe I need to find another physician more receptive to my needs." There is no excuse for the attitude you received.

I wish the ama would learn their place.

Not having a gun is dereliction of family duty to protect ones self and family.

Not using it to protect self/family is just plain stupid. (within reason)

The medical problem would be if the doctor would deny treatment/coverage because a patient needing medical treatment owns a gun at home.

I would call that malpractice.

Wildcat and I dropped our AMA membership. The AMA, Who was once the respected voice of the mainstream medical profession, has become a rabid left-wing interest group. Despite declining membership, this does not prevent the AMA from presuming to speak for all doctors, or from aggressively weaving its leftist doctrine into the doctor-patient relationship.

It is time for people to speak out. Tell your doc it is none of their business; that you don't need cradle to grave nurturing from Uncle Sam. This kind of stuff chaps my arse. :angry:

let's face it, they've been hiring trained assassins over civilians for decades.

:mellow: I'm not quite comfortable with this ..... :huh:

What a bunch of electrons wasted again. Why can't folks learn to use one or more internet truth sites.

Now there's an oxymoron for ya'!!! :lol::rolleyes::wacko::rolleyes:

Some time ago there was a link posted to an article about how more peaple died every year from medical mistakes then from gunshot wounds.

I thought about if i was ever ever asked the question about guns, I would play the doc along a bit until he got to the point of guns being unsafe. then sharing this point with him/her. then saying it would be safer to stay away from doctors :blink::blink:

:lol: I was a letter carrier for years in late 80s - early 90s, during all the shoot-em-ups, and the PO has enough problems with their own employees shootin eachother! let's face it, they've been hiring trained assassins over civilians for decades. When I took my entry exam, they were very outspoken about military service getting extra points added to their score depending on years of active service and clearly stated:

2 years = 5 extra points

4 years or more = 10 extra points

I got 97 and still had to wait a year to get called cuz I was up against 110 points---not 100

Jake, that's why they hired ya! :D I retired from PO in the 90s but when I started in OC in the early 80s. They explained to everyone in the warehouse-size room full of testers as in my previous post---that those with 4 yrs or more of service would get a "10 point advantage" on their test score. They most likely have changed it over time [after all the shootings!] like they do Postmaster Generals and everything else. ...just sayin'

A contributing factor may have been my particular testsite. It was in Santa Ana near the location of the 1940s WWll military base by the water tower, which is now homes, schools, businesses.

I do not recall answering any firearms questions on PO application or any other application. I don't know if its an issue on today's teacher contracts or not.

Caliope,

Could you clarify the meaning of the two remarks above? Thanks.

Archived