SASS Wire Forum

Opportunity missed

Noz

I had staged my guns for the second stage for our posse at The Ozark Posse Shoot on Saturday the 3rd of March. We were having typical March weather, 50 degrees, bright sun but a 30 mph wind blowing up our backsides.

As I was settling in to the stage a straw hat blew across the stage in front of me. Somebody behind me yelled "It's Miss Kitty's!"

A cold range was called to retrieve the hat and I looked at it for the first time and it was not Miss Kitty's hat, it was in fact Chickasaw Bill's hat.

If I had paid attention, I could have taken one step to the left, retrieved my 2 shoot and dumped a couple of FFg powered ounces of #8s down range.

I have been grieving over the missed opportunity for two days and will continue to do so for a while.

Noz!! Don't shoot po' Billy's hat! He waited patiently for us to get together so's neither of us would hafta' pay shippin' on that straw hat!! :rolleyes::lol:

I'm back home now, so look for that p.m. here in the next few minutes.

Ah hell!! On second thought, you shoulda shot the hat!! He'd hafta' buy another'n and that'd be more business fer me!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Your P.M. says you can't receive right now!! Call me if you 've got the number. I'm at home and both phone numbers are workin'!! :wacko:

Noz!! Don't shoot po' Billy's hat! He waited patiently for us to get together so's neither of us would hafta' pay shippin' on that straw hat!! :rolleyes::lol:

I'm back home now, so look for that p.m. here in the next few minutes.

Ah hell!! On second thought, you shoulda shot the hat!! He'd hafta' buy another'n and that'd be more business fer me!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Your P.M. says you can't receive right now!! Call me if you 've got the number. I'm at home and both phone numbers are workin'!! :wacko:

Dumped the PM file. It will accept now.

Dumped the PM file. It will accept now.

Still wouldn't go. Look in your profile and see comments.

Dump it when you get through.

It's completely empty. Even deleted your message. You are going to be a busy boy. We won't bump into each other until the Open. I'll bring it there.

NOZ

Ya KNOW , that would be cuase foe PAY-BACK , shootin up my hat , that just ain't right. :blink:

Looked around the shops , I do not appear to have what we were discussing , might check at Roaring River or over to Tim's fly shop between RR and Cassville to see if they have one .

Looks like I will miss this weekends shoot , due to a prior commentment :(

CB (thinkin I need a Stampede string )

A stampede string would be a good investment. I don't think I could pass that opportunity again.

Noz

You are just gonna have to , I con not afford another hat right now :blink:

Ya do not want me to be Hatless do ya :unsure:

CB

Chickasaw Bill Toppless???? :o NOOOOOOOOO. We don't want to see that. :unsure::P

It's completely empty. Even deleted your message. You are going to be a busy boy. We won't bump into each other until the Open. I'll bring it there.

If things go really well I'll try to add POP 'cause I really enjoyed myself last year. If it doesn't involve a sizing issue, you could send it with Titus to one of the several earlier matches he and I will see each other at.

Man! I wish you and mama could make some of these matches.

Noz

You are just gonna have to , I con not afford another hat right now :blink:

Ya do not want me to be Hatless do ya :unsure:

CB

What size does your dome require? I have some 7 3/8 --7 1/2 hats that I am considering passing on to other shooters...

I could even ventilate it for your, no extra charge. :blush:

Chickasaw Bill Toppless???? :o NOOOOOOOOO. We don't want to see that. :unsure::P

Yo, Al;

Good to see you and your lovely wife in Hot Springs!!

I'm kinda glad we were not on the same posse...I would rather shoot better than I did when you are watching... The day was useful however. Convinced me to sell the rifle I was using!!

Hope it is not so long before we get together again.

J-Bar

Appricatee the offer , but them are too big for me . The reason my hat blew off was I got a haircut pretty short ,

SUMMER is coming ya know :unsure:

Seeing as how the players are showing themselfs , it would appear to be a CONSPIREY , to shoot up my LUCKY hat ,

As I have given thought to shootin FRONTERSMAN , tryin to get me distracted and not FOCUS :wacko: , so I am easier to best in the standings

CB :lol:

Just imagine that pale yellow hat with the feathers sticking out of it jumping and rolling across the stage and tell me you could have resisted if it were mine!

Blackwater, when you live as far west in Missouri as I, the shoots you are going to attend are a LOOOOOONG way away.

POP is on my "maybe list".

NOZ

I would NOT shoot your hat , BECUASE I can not out run you :lol:

Now Mongeral might try to talk you into shootin my hat , He does not like my straw hats for some reason :unsure:

Did not like my RED RIVER hat eather , kinda like the one I wear now except it was stained with mud from the river and foot prints , I used to keep it in the boat by putting it under my foot while running the river .

Hope to make it up to MO Sun , I will look for what we were discussing , If I can find one priced right .

CB

Archived