SASS Wire Forum

Question about Ruger's SR1911

The only thing I changed on mine were the grips. I can't think of anything else I would change.

Everything I have read in the gun magazines is that all parts will interchange as long as they are withing original 1911 spec.

Like with any firearm - sometimes there may be the need for some fitting - not all 'drop in' parts are ....drop in.

I had the hammers changed out to SBH style and lighter springs - both those items were no problem ad fit / function fine. I have heard that the hammer to transfer bar can be a minor issue. What I was told to look for when the new hammer is installed is to see if the transfer bar stays in the engaged position when trigger let go.

You check by pulling hammer back, while still holding the hammer back with the thumb you pull trigger, slowly allow hammer to go fully down, keeping finger on trigger throughout (keeps transfer bar engaged). Now release trigger. If the transfer bar stays in the engaged position that is not good, It should slide right back down when trigger is released.

Just had my grips changed out too for Eagle Grips and they fit better than the original ones :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Like with any firearm - sometimes there may be the need for some fitting - not all 'drop in' parts are ....drop in.

I had the hammers changed out to SBH style and lighter springs - both those items were no problem ad fit / function fine. I have heard that the hammer to transfer bar can be a minor issue. What I was told to look for when the new hammer is installed is to see if the transfer bar stays in the engaged position when trigger let go.

You check by pulling hammer back, while still holding the hammer back with the thumb you pull trigger, slowly allow hammer to go fully down, keeping finger on trigger throughout (keeps transfer bar engaged). Now release trigger. If the transfer bar stays in the engaged position that is not good, It should slide right back down when trigger is released.

Just had my grips changed out too for Eagle Grips and they fit better than the original ones :)

Hey , Gunner , maybe you need to go back and read the OP. He asked about the SR1911.

:D Rex :D

Hey , Gunner , maybe you need to go back and read the OP. He asked about the SR1911.

:D Rex :D

Yeah, just saw that....my phone only showed 'Rugers' :lol:

OFERPETESAKE!! A transfer bar on a 1911!?!?!?! Needs one about like a hog needs a sidesaddle. Guess I better hang on to my old Colts. It's amazing how many ways can be devised to fix something that ain't broke. :angry:

JHC

:blush: Ooops, I missed the alphabet soup, thought you were talking about replacing the hammer on a SR1911. I feel some better now. :lol: The SR1911 sure is a handsome piece. I have several Ruger revolvers, all but my beloved Old Model Blackhawks have transfer bars and HAD about 3/8" sear engagement. Single actions that felt like a double action pull. Mine all got haircuts and have nice crisp triggers now. . Was wondering if the SR1911 would be the same. Course, most out of the box 1911's have pretty crappy triggers as well. Both my Colts got new triggers, hammers and sears too.

JHC

For those that are still waiting for an SR 1911, I was told today that Ruger has decided to increase the production of these guns, so hopefully we will see some on the dealers shelves soon.

I have heard conflicting reports as to weather or not the parts are interchangeable with after market parts. So I thought I would see what the general consenes is here.

Thanks in advance,

Dusty

Hay Pard I have had my SR1911 for a year now .

I can tell you that it dont need a other parts, BUT YES aftermarket parts fit this gun .

The SR1911 is a series 70 designed gun .

So Most parts will fit and like most guns some parts might need fitting .

But Yes to your Question,They fit the Ruger SR1911. B)

Archived