SASS Wire Forum

New '97s coming!

Frederick Jackson Turner

Working the SASS Booth at the SHOT Show; I was just talking to Coyote Cap about the '97 shortage. He has just come out of a meeting with the promise of 1,200 new, latest-edition D models!

Time to put some money up! I'm in for 2...

No delivery date yet; contact Cap, if you want further info.

Cheers,

FJT

Working the SASS Booth at the SHOT Show; I was just talking to Coyote Cap about the '97 shortage. He has just come out of a meeting with the promise of 1,200 new, latest-edition D models!

Cheers,

FJT

Very cool - I just got a Winchester '97 and if it looks promising may look into Coyote Cap's D models...except, what is a 'D' model? Solid version?

GG ~ :FlagAm:

One of the biggest differences between the D and E is that the D does not have the buttons on the side that release the mag cartridge stop. With the E, you merely press the two buttons and all the shells come streaming out the loading port. I suppose the D is a little easier to make since it just uses screws to hold the magazine stops.

http://marauder.homestead.com/97info.html

One of the biggest differences between the D and E is that the D does not have the buttons on the side that release the mag cartridge stop. With the E, you merely press the two buttons and all the shells come streaming out the loading port. I suppose the D is a little easier to make since it just uses screws to hold the magazine stops.

Of course the 93/97 lacks the "buttons" too. Maybe they're leftover 93/97 frames.

Fillmore

Cheers,

FJT

Hey FJT!

If you get a chance to wander around, try and find Merwin Hulbert Company's booth. I'd sure like to know if they're making any progress turning out a working shooter.

Hey FJT!

If you get a chance to wander around, try and find Merwin Hulbert Company's booth. I'd sure like to know if they're making any progress turning out a working shooter.

Actually they are right next to the booth selling unicorns and santa clause

I suppose the D is a little easier to make since it just uses screws to hold the magazine stops.

I think Cap says something to the effect on his site that the little pivot screws for the cartridge stops allowing them to pivot have a tendency to come out at a most inopportune time causing a jam......might be under 93/97 info/upgrades or whathaveya.

Great News for 97 lovers!!!

Hey FJT!

They are getting closer: http://www.forum.merwinhulbertco.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1761&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Scroll down to pic's

Because we don't use the magazine tubes in SASS (except in WB) the cartridge stops are superfluous, thus, yes, the only purpose, then, of those pivot screws is to fall expensively out in the heat of competition... :-O.

Because we don't use the magazine tubes in SASS (except in WB) the cartridge stops are superfluous, thus, yes, the only purpose, then, of those pivot screws is to fall expensively out in the heat of competition... :-O.

We?????Who's We????Many Lefty's load one in the mag one in the chamber and shoot two times,,,I even have videos of the whole Evil Roy Family doin' this?????Maybe it's went out of style to shoot Two this way and some one forgot to tell me......Tuco.

We?????Who's We????Many Lefty's load one in the mag one in the chamber and shoot two times,,,I even have videos of the whole Evil Roy Family doin' this?????Maybe it's went out of style to shoot Two this way and some one forgot to tell me......Tuco.

Gene's been shooting a double for several years, HT single feeds her 97 and has for quite a few years also. If it works for you keep doing it.

LL' :)

We as in We who know what the heck We're doing...

Great seenin ya FJT!!!!

Glad the meeting went well for Cap!!!!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Great seenin ya FJT!!!!

Phantom

So are you sayin' when I saw the "Evil Roy Family "stuffing Mag Tubes" on video .They didn't know" what the heck they were doing".?????? Or do you just chime in "high school style"...sayin"I know something you don't know"...I've read your "cherps"..before..

Great seenin ya FJT!!!!

Phantom

So are you sayin' when I saw the "Evil Roy Family "stuffing Mag Tubes" on video .They didn't know" what the heck they were doing".?????? Or do you just chime in "high school style"...sayin"I know something you don't know"...I've read your "cherps"..before..

Archived