SASS Wire Forum

(@#%&)!@#& Poachers!

Pulp, SASS#28319

Someone shot two deer on my 80 acres this morning. My daughter-in-law was going out to feed and saw them down just across the fence, one still kicking. She looked across the road the other way and sees a guy standing in the yard, but no rifle. She went on to the 120 and got her 4 wheeler and went back. After talking with the local GW, I went out there. This deer: (don't open if you are squemish)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BlackPowderPulp/IMG_0486.jpg

had been shot high in the back, breaking the spine, but not a killing shot. I had to finish it off. The other was DRT, thankfully.

We think we know who did it, but obviously have no proof, and I doubt he'll spontaneously confess. We do have a game camera video of him walking on my land with a rifle and a 12 pack of Keystone Light.

The Game Warden gave us permission to take the deer and donate to needy families. My daughter-in-law knows a feller who will butcher them and take the meat to a couple of families from their church, so at least the deer won't go to waste.

I'd like to find this feller crawling around the woods with a broken back. I wouldn't be so kind as to finish him off though, I think the buzzards and coyotes could do a better job.

Ya know... if I had a game camera picture of someone on my property with a rifle and a 12-pack, I'd be circulatin' it. Handbills. Placards. Nailed to phone poles and left on park benches. Published in the local paper and on the 'net! I'm sure he'd just LOVE that... the scurvy bilgerat. <_<

Good on ya for distributin' the meat where it'll do good!

Ya know... if I had a game camera picture of someone on my property with a rifle and a 12-pack, I'd be circulatin' it. Handbills. Placards. Nailed to phone poles and left on park benches. Published in the local paper and on the 'net! I'm sure he'd just LOVE that... the scurvy bilgerat. dry.gif

Good on ya for distributin' the meat where it'll do good!

100%

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Just take care to not actually accuse the "gentleman" of shooting the deer... but note that the picture was taken on private property in an area where poaching has been recorded. -_-

Give that picture of him to the FWS Officer. He may be able to use it for leverage.

He would say he was just out target shooting beer cans(after he drank them) and didn't know anything about the deer. Maybe you should ask the guy who does the butchering to recover the bullet for forensics and give it to the Game Warden.

Big Jake

Geez Pulp, I thought all those idiots lived up here in Atoka County....apparently not. I felt a little nervous twitch when you said your daughter rode down there & no telling who or what.

Yeah, me too. She won't carry a gun with her, in spite of my wife and I trying to get her to do so. Maybe this will change her mind. The person we suspect came out of his house before I got there, and told her, "Someone must have been driving by and shot them."

DIL does not think he's the same person we got on the video cam though.

The only bullet recovered from the deer I had to finish off was mine. .45ACP Hornady XTP (?) Anyway, the one with the soft plastic tip. The other deer had a small entry wound in the high shoulder area and didn't exit. She had to leave before the butcher got to that deer, but he said he'd save anything he finds.

Archived