SASS Wire Forum

To all the 'guests' on the Wire

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Are you really that obtuse? With all the clarification and affirmation regarding the OP you STILL don't get it?

sigh .... :blink:

Some people don't WANT to get it Rick, they just want an opportunity to stir the pot and brew up a little argument. Ignoring them is the best approach, though they can try a man's patience. Ignore em GG, those that matter know zactly what you were saying!

Some people don't WANT to get it Rick, they just want an opportunity to stir the pot and brew up a little argument. Ignoring them is the best approach, though they can try a man's patience. Ignore em GG, those that matter know zactly what you were saying!

10-4 pard...thanks guys ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

UH ER... not quite what I had in mind. :blush:

I think the Wire would be boring if everyone was sweet, warm, and fuzzy. :unsure:

Please don't tell Black Harris I wrote that. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

If that's how ya see it ma'am....fair 'nuff ;)

I also agree with the OP. It was just a posting that Request those who have dropped in and seen whats its all about, why not consider being a full member so that you may enjoy all the extras that come with it. You will be joining a group of pards who don't even know you and they will go out of the way to help you out. It's called camaraderie and is a good thing to feel.

I also agree with the having of at least a general area of your home 20.

I want to give Royal Barnes a +1 on his post. Later Fairshake

I personally do not give any thought or notice as to whether someone is a "Guest" or has been a member for years....

as long as they are respectful, polite and considerate

If you are a guest...

you wouldn't go into someone's home and start telling them how to rearrange the furniture

I say all guests are welcome

...just don't come in telling those who actually shoot how things should be changed.

I personally do not give any thought or notice as to whether someone is a "Guest" or has been a member for years....

as long as they are respectful, polite and considerate

If you are a guest...

you wouldn't go into someone's home and start telling them how to rearrange the furniture

I say all guests are welcome

...just don't come in telling those who actually shoot how things should be changed.

I have seen guests ask questions and occasionally make suggestions. I don't have a problem with that. Just because someone is not a SASS member doesn't mean they can't have a good idea about something. I welcome all input from any source. I've only seen one or two guests get pushy over the years I've been here. And I suspect their guest status had nothing to do with that but was probably their personality. Just my way of thinkin.

I appreciate it - I understand about the economy and many other things - wasn't going there...just a simple food for thought for guests to consider making 2012 the year to take that next step.

Let me be clear: One does not have to be a SASS member to shoot (except in state, regional, and above matches), be on the Wire, or to participate in otehr ways!

Unbeleivable how my OP turned into a series of misinterpretations. Of course there are a few people that this doesn't come as a surprise.:rolleyes:

People read things with biases built in, whether they like it or not. Taking something at face value can be a challenge for all of us. However, given your consistent statements, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

I know you and I had our 'go arounds' but it wasn't just me pard - both of us were sayin' things that caused friction.

Innocent ol' me? Cause friction? Welllllll... As others have said, sometimes there ain't much backup in me. I've been known to not shy away from debates and downright arguments. Although I do usually end up attempting to be level headed and amicable in the end. Seems we've both walked away unscathed and with a level of respect for each other. I look forward to shaking hands with you one day. We simply aren't that far away for it not to happen. I'm happy to call you a pard.

Howdy

You got Me.I have been away for sometime on this forum.

Rememebered my password last week.You could say I am a lucky one.If I want to fire a round or two I just go out behind my barn and fire away.

Anyway last week I got back in touch with a cowboy shooter on this forum.He and his wife been around the world doing the cowboy shooting what a guy.Then he put up a post to trade a gun for a gun for his wife.

Well what do you know but I had just what he wanted.

Now his wife has a 45/70 Cowboy Marlin.I was just happy to help him out.

We parted with a Merry X-Mas.

Then today I read this Post.

So as soon as the X-Mas rush is over.The SASS Wire people will get me my # and badge etc.

I sent them the gold so I will nolonger be just a Guest!

Later

Wilbe Lead

P.S.My lucky pard buddy is

Mudflat Mike

Howdy

Rememebered my password last week.You could say I am a lucky one.If I want to fire a round or two I just go out behind my barn and fire away.

Anyway last week I got back in touch with a cowboy shooter on this forum.He and his wife been around the world doing the cowboy shooting what a guy.Then he put up a post to trade a gun for a gun for his wife.

So as soon as the X-Mas rush is over.The SASS Wire people will get me my # and badge etc.

Later

Wilbe Lead

Mudflat Mike

Congrats and welcome!

Howdy

Later

Wilbe Lead

Mudflat Mike

Right on! Just signed my wife up - got the package yesterday and wil be presenting it to her on Christmas Day - HEY!! That's tomorrow!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & WELCOME :)

Again: for those who are guest or hang around these parts...maybe think of 2012 the year to join up...if'n ya can't or don't want to that's all good too. Take care :)

People read things with biases built in, whether they like it or not. Taking something at face value can be a challenge for all of us. However, given your consistent statements, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Innocent ol' me? Cause friction? Welllllll... As others have said, sometimes there ain't much backup in me. I've been known to not shy away from debates and downright arguments. Although I do usually end up attempting to be level headed and amicable in the end. Seems we've both walked away unscathed and with a level of respect for each other. I look forward to shaking hands with you one day. We simply aren't that far away for it not to happen. I'm happy to call you a pard.

I'll ditto that 1000% pard....I think I can learn a few things from ya :D

UH OH!

I was sick when I wrote that. :unsure::rolleyes:;)

:wub:

AM

Nice try. Let us know how that coal in your stocking works out tomorrow. :lol: :lol:

Howdy

Anyway last week I got back in touch with a cowboy shooter on this forum. He and his wife been around the world doing the cowboy shooting what a guy. Then he put up a post to trade a gun for a gun for his wife.

Later

Wilbe Lead

Mudflat Mike

.... an' I was lucky enough to meet them both whilst they were here ^_^

Very cool.. and don't forget the NRA... they too need us to keep doing their good work. I try to help out a bit with a local one here in the Riverside area, it's a FNRA group. Anything we can do to keeps guns in the hands of the American People and the gun sports alive are good things...

Deja u beat me to that NRA. I wish everyone that owns a gun would join the NRA!!!!!

See Ya

CCBA :FlagAm:

Guest Hardly Dangerous Updated

If I can ever figure out how to update my email address with SASS and re-register on the Wire I'll be able to fully access the Forum. Til then I'm just a "Guest". aka Hardly Dangerous

GG click on VIEW NEW CONTENT and then MEMBERS. About 30 newbies signed up on C'mas.

GG click on VIEW NEW CONTENT and then MEMBERS. About 30 newbies signed up on C'mas.

Just saw today's (kinda neat feature) - 7 already. That's COOL! Welcome to all of 'em :)

Archived