SASS Wire Forum

Great ideas....

The gold topic got me ta thinkin'

What have you done or not done that would have changed your life/ fortune today?

Here are mine:

Many moons ago I bought $2,500 worth of silver when it was $3.15 an ounce, hence 793.65 ounces

Todays close $38.59 spot or $30,626.95. I sold it at a slight profit years back at $4.15 an ounce

When Apple first came out of its financial troubles I considered buying 1,000 shares at $5 a share. Didn't do it... If I had

it closed today at $373.70. It is now Amercias most valuable company. If I had I would have $373,700.00

Just goes ta show ya I did have some good ideas, and some bad ones...

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

The gold topic got me ta thinkin'

What have you done or not done that would have changed your life/ fortune today?

Here are mine:

Many moons ago I bought $2,500 worth of silver when it was $3.15 an ounce, hence 793.65 ounces

Todays close $38.59 spot or $30,626.95. I sold it at a slight profit years back at $4.15 an ounce

When Apple first came out of its financial troubles I considered buying 1,000 shares at $5 a share. Didn't do it... If I had

it closed today at $373.70. It is now Amercias most valuable company. If I had I would have $373,700.00

Just goes ta show ya I did have some good ideas, and some bad ones...

JJJ-D

OOOOOps . . . :blink:

Hind site truely is 20-20

Ain't that the truth!!!

JJJ-D

When I was a senior in high school the St. Louis Cardinals moved their Triple A team to our city and I got a job with them as the clubhouse manager. I quit and they hired a guy to take my place. They moved to Louisville, KY and took him with them. After two years there, the clubhouse manager in St. Louis retired and the guy from Louisville took his place. That year they went to the World Series and he's got a ring.

My father owned two ranches in OK ... he offered me a chance to raise and train horse .. and I passed on it to do it part time in AZ while I did auditing for Zales.. I was afraid to let go of the day job.

He offered me 5 acres in Perris, CA in 1987 to build a home on, and again I turned him down and stayed in AZ.

Prior to that he offered a college education if I would become and engineer.. his dream.. and I turned him down.. hmmm see a pattern here? lol..

Chances to become rich are easy, chances to be happy and independent and with someone you love like a spouse or friends is much harder.. Regrets.. zero.

My lifes fortune is rich in family and friends.. what else is there in the end? Money is needed, yes.. but if I had to choose between the two it would be people every time.. Money does not keep me warm when I am down.. People do.. Just silly me..

Of course you know you can not count on me to be reasonable... I am excitied about shooting tomorrow and nothing else matters .. I am in "focus" mode.. lol Deja

I got married.

Bob, . . you bin sayin' somptin' wuz wrong with ya. So now ya post the answer ? ? ? ..... :blink:

People sometimes ask me how I'm financially succesful . . what did I do ... it's not so much what I DID . . . more about what I DIDDN'T DO . . I never got MARRIED . . and I didn't go into dept buying over priced houses :)

Don't know as it would have changed my life, but I'm still kicking myself for not buying gold when it was $600 per ounce and I thought it was too high. :angry: Sure I wouldn't have bought enough to get rich, but sure could have made a handsome profit!

JHC

IIn 1959 I graduated from High School. That year I wanted a 1959 Cadillac convertible but I couldn't possibly afford one. Here it is 50 years later I saw one auctioned off. And I still couldn't possibly afford one. Oh well....

The O'meara Himself

My wife and I bought a hair over an three acres of land between Hilo and Black Sand Beach in early 1969 for under $4,000.

It's now covered in million dollar townhouses (an even dozen of them per acre, I think), but I doubled my money when I sold it. :rolleyes:

Never had money to invest or buy anything. Had many an opportunity on great profits, just never had that kind of money. But hay, had the most wonderful 2 marriages (1st died) and wouldn't give them up or the walks in life we had fer any amount of money. Best thing I never owed for anything but the house and car. Haven't had a car payment in 6 years and house payment under $300. Live on a bluff over a lake, (one mile across where I live see my photo) in a 3200 sq ft home. Retired, we are very happy, guns, woodworking, she got all kinds of sewing machines, quilters, embroider machines, ya name it, she got it. No payments on any. Pay cash fer it all. Our health is pretty good. Can go out and eat when ever we want. All due to the blessings from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! :)

Guess my investment was in life with 2 wonderful women, and the pay out, well, what a wonderful trip!! :D

Archived