SASS Wire Forum

Actor Gary Sinise Gets It

Subdeacon Joe

This inspired him: http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx

What he has done: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Iraqi_Children

Sinise was awarded the Presidential Citizen Medal by George W. Bush for work he did supporting the U.S Military and humanitarian work supporting Iraqi children.[9]

Sinise narrated Army and Army Reserve Army Strong recruitment ads[10] in late 2008.

Sinise is the executive producer—along with David Scantling—of the Iraq War documentary Brothers at War.[11] The film features an American military family and the experiences of three brothers: Jake Rademacher, Isaac Rademacher and Joseph Rademacher.[12]

Since 2006, Sinise has co-narrated the National Memorial Day Concert on the Mall in Washington, D.C. with Joe Mantegna.[13]

Sinise serves as the National Spokesperson for the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial. He spends much of his time raising awareness for the Memorial and other veterans' service organizations.

In November 2009, Sinise narrated the highly acclaimed "World War II in HD" on the History Channel. In 2010 he narrated the World War II documentary "Missions That Changed The War" on the Military Channel.

And, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Just quietly does the work.

Not everybody in Hollywood is an idiot. :FlagAm:

That was great Joe. Thanks for posting.

JHC :FlagAm:

My pleasure, sir. It felt good to find something about an actor that wasn't badmouthing the US. Kind of a shame that the moral ones aren't more outspoken about what they do and what they believe. Of course, since for the most part they are quite about it, it makes it makes more impact when you find out about them.

I should say, I found that on a blog by a retired USN fighter jock, goes my Neputnus Lex.

Gary continues to do the work quietly.

He does a lot of work in support of the USO and he makes a lot of "commercials" for AFN. We see him multiple time a day on TV and he's a spokesman for returning GIs and sucide prevention.

He walks the walk.

If'n he ever joins SASS, his alias should be from his after his most memorable role, Lt. Dan.

Archived