SASS Wire Forum

Life Ain't Half Bad When You Get Used to It.

Well, the tornado and heart attack was bad enough then a close friend was diagnosed with an abdominal lymphoma. The house is repaired and they're re-building my shop. Looks funny with no trees to speak of.

Wife and I had follow up echocardiograms yesterday. Her 21 year old mechanical mitral valve that I usually describe as her windmill pump valve is still ticking away and good as new. Helps to spike her food with Ballistol to keep the noise level down though. Yep, thats another use for Ballistol. ;)

Then my results showed absolutely no permanent damage to the heart muscle. And to top that off my friends cancer was caught in time and the prognosis is about as good as one could hope for.

The rest of my family is well and we'll celebrate 45 years of her putting up with me on July 3.

Yep, the Trail Boss may offer a lot of trials and tribulations but he can pick you out a route that ain't so rough. :)

Well, the tornado and heart attack was bad enough then a close friend was diagnosed with an abdominal lymphoma. The house is repaired and they're re-building my shop. Looks funny with no trees to speak of.

Wife and I had follow up echocardiograms yesterday. Her 21 year old mechanical mitral valve that I usually describe as her windmill pump valve is still ticking away and good as new. Helps to spike her food with Ballistol to keep the noise level down though. Yep, thats another use for Ballistol. ;)

Then my results showed absolutely no permanent damage to the heart muscle. And to top that off my friends cancer was caught in time and the prognosis is about as good as one could hope for.

The rest of my family is well and we'll celebrate 45 years of her putting up with me on July 3.

Yep, the Trail Boss may offer a lot of trials and tribulations but he can pick you out a route that ain't so rough. :)

Well, now there is an idear I never thought of. My wife has a bovine valve so I doubt that Ballistol is a good fix, but perhaps some Alfalfa on her cereal in the morning...... :rolleyes:

Good that things are looking up for you Pard. Keep you in my daily devotions just for insurance.

Tell your friend that the big C can be stopped. I am about 9 months away from proving it.

Nobody ever beats it, but stopping it is a big plus. They have made some big strides in the treatment of the disease.

With many things going sideways today, it's nice to hear of someone that deserves it, having something good go your way... Blessings on you and yours... this has made my day...

Vaya con Dios

Sun's out. Breeze is blowin. Still upright. Life is good! :D

That's great news for you and your family, Sam. I'm saving your post, so the next time I think I'm having a bad day, I can read it and realize how lucky I really am. God Bless.

WWB

It's good to hear y'all are doin' well. That's a good way to feel, I bet!!

We had us a few small tonadoes night 'for last. Lots of trees down and some damage to buildings here and there.

We (and our home) came out good but many others have some messy stuff to clean up.

I love hearin' good news......especially considering we hear so little of it these days!

Take 'er easy and enjoy, Pard.

~EE Taft~

Sun's out. Breeze is blowin. Still upright. Life is good! :D

And got bout an inch and a half badly needed rain to boot! I just didn't know how bad I'd felt for the last several years &having no energy or motivation to do much of anything. Now with the pipes cleaned out am renewing old pleasures like sitting on the porch of an evening and just watching, observing, and appreciating life.

Its good for sure Bob and I thank everyone for the kind thoughts. Not bragging cause life tends to keep throwing stuff back at you thats hard to take but for the moment I feel so good that a round of whatever trips your trigger is on my tab. :P

Badger, I don't know why she put with me especially in the early years. If I wasn't fishing, I was hunting, reloading, shooting, and havin a good ole time with the boys. I wish I could give more back to repay her for her patience. Maybe I'll let her shoot my new/old Colt Match Target...yeah that'll do it! ;) Naw, doin it right this time by building the stone patio, cover, and waterfall fountain shes always wanted.

Taft, you heard anything else about the Colyrado job?

Nothin' yet.....I'm not pinnin' any hopes until I know something for sure. I've got a call to make in the morning to a dealer in Columbia, Missouri. Not sure where that will take me, but it might get me out of here. The economy just plain sucks here. No room for advancment and all the big jobs where there is room is either sewed up or moved away....likely south of the border. :angry:

My job has been there for me, but I'm topped out! I need a bit more room to climb if'n ya know what I mean.

I'm not ruling out anywhere yet. I'm lookin' all over the country.

We're all in the same boat, ya know.......I hate to say how I feel here.........so I'll just say this.......

Time to put America back where she needs to be....... :FlagAm: .......ON TOP!!!

~EE Taft~

UB, how did the shootin' come out?.....Stitches still in place??? :huh::D

Glad to hear your doin' good, Pard!!!!!

And got bout an inch and a half badly needed rain to boot! I just didn't know how bad I'd felt for the last several years &having no energy or motivation to do much of anything. Now with the pipes cleaned out am renewing old pleasures like sitting on the porch of an evening and just watching, observing, and appreciating life.

Its good for sure Bob and I thank everyone for the kind thoughts. Not bragging cause life tends to keep throwing stuff back at you thats hard to take but for the moment I feel so good that a round of whatever trips your trigger is on my tab. :P

Badger, I don't know why she put with me especially in the early years. If I wasn't fishing, I was hunting, reloading, shooting, and havin a good ole time with the boys. I wish I could give more back to repay her for her patience. Maybe I'll let her shoot my new/old Colt Match Target...yeah that'll do it! ;) Naw, doin it right this time by building the stone patio, cover, and waterfall fountain shes always wanted.

Sam, we can never repay the ladies in our lives, for all the tender love and care that they give us.

It is just the way God made us.

That porch sitting and watching the Maker's handiwork is pretty good stuff. I have a little planter box that I made right next to the landing for the front deck. When I take Captain Jack out to water the trees and bark at the squirrels, I like to sit on it and watch the world go by. Sometimes I can even

see stars in the sky at night. Puts everything in prespective. Takes care of any ego problems that you might have also. Even the soft rain in the morning hours soothe the spirit.

Sorry Sam.........I kinda ranted on the wrong thread.......... :blush:

The porch sittin' sounds pretty good 'bout now!

One of these days I need to come down with a good bottle of whiskey and take up some space on your porch with ya.

I'm sure we can find something to do with the bottle.........and when it's empty we can break the silence with a shot or two at the empty bottle! :D

I got friends around here that tell me I'm wound tighter than an eight day clock..........

.........Maybe I need to start listening to them. :huh:

~EE(who thinks life is too short to worry too much)Taft~

Lifes blessing Yellowhouse... we all have them. We simply don't have the same ones, but that is okay. If we did, gosh life would be boring. lol.. No permanent damage is a very cool thing for your.. but it does mean you get to pick on us for longer.. loll

Yup...... :blush: .....I know.

Not bad here, but could be better.....

....could be a lot worse though!

I like Sam's idea of the simple pleasures, good stuff fer sure!......And often taken for granted!

~EE Taft~

Archived