SASS Wire Forum

Woman's Room

gosh.. Allies my whole place is a ladies roomm from y living room where I clean guns to my bedroom where Rat dog forces me to get up twenty milion times to take her out at night.. lol.. I have and office that has my puterl my cook books, and my sewing machine in it.. hmmmm guess this is for the married ladies.. so I will simply read for here on out.. lol..

...not sure what happened...

Anyway, ladies, do you have a room of your own? Is it just an area in another room or is it dedicated to you.

I have my own room although I must share it with my dog. It gets rather crowded when he hides under my desk when I'm sewing; but I love the goofy guy.

My room has a desk that looks like an entertainment center when closed. One side opens to a desk. I use it for sewing.

The other side is pretty empty since I got rid of my PC tower and monitor. Now I have a laptop that just slides in where the keyboard was. I, rather hubby, needs to make me shelves in it. I'm not allowed to use power saws.

In another corner I have a treadle machine with a TV on it.

Sometimes the dressmaker dummy is out when I' in the middle of sewing something.

Another corner has my "makeup and hair" desk.

It has a humongeous closet for all that sewing stuff.

I'll eventually post some photos.

The TV just came back (we lost it for a while), the cat finally came in (he got out of the yard after dark in the rain, and I'm getting finally getting sleepy.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS It is pouring rain again...

My wife has her sewing studio. It's fairly large room with a Bernina machine in a custom sewing table. Ironing board along one wall. The other wall is a HUGE felt layout board where she pieces quilts before permanently attaching them. The last wall is all shelves with boxes of fat quarters.

Guest jeweler jim

Yeah, it's called the whole danged house.

I am however allowed to take my meals and sleep here and maintain the place and cut the grass and... well you get the picture.

Whisper mode... Three doors to the west is the Cigar/Poker house which came into being after my "old man" croaked and left it to me. Won't be sold and she's even starting to invade that one.

My wife has her sewing studio. It's fairly large room with a Bernina machine in a custom sewing table. Ironing board along one wall. The other wall is a HUGE felt layout board where she pieces quilts before permanently attaching them. The last wall is all shelves with boxes of fat quarters.

Calico Cass's quilt room does double duty as our guest room. But she does have a lay-out wall covered in styrofoam board and broadcloth, a closet with ten clear plastic containers for fabric and her sewing machine set in there. Cutting is either done on a piece of plywood laid on the bed, or on the dining table.

It would be nice for her to have a dedicated room, but that isn't going to happen while we live in this (less than) 1,100 sq ft house.

Buena suerte,

eGG

(she is nice about letting me use her machine for costume making)

Ali, I can't believe you haven'y named your mannequin. Mines named Ezmarelda!! ;)

Rocky... mine's named Trixy and has dollar bills taped all over her... (Oh wait... that may be TMI)... I'm sure that Long Jim made me say that... :lol::huh::lol:

Vaya con Dios

Rocky... mine's named Trixy and has dollar bills taped all over her... (Oh wait... that may be TMI)... I'm sure that Long Jim made me say that... :lol::huh::lol:

Vaya con Dios

Well Flint...I dont baleeve yer blow up doll is considered a mannekin. :rolleyes:

OMG!

You folks never cease to make me :).

Charlie, your wife's room sounds wonderful. Mine is only 10x12 and pretty full, especially when the ironing board is set up. I prefer to cut out my fabric (big jobs) on the pool table. Little bits I cut on the King bed. Both rooms have TVs. I've only had to share my room with a guest once. I used one of those new aerobeds. We have a dedicated guest room.

eGG, sometimes I wish my house were smaller. It gets very dusty (dirt instead of yard, wood stove, two cats, and a dog) and cleaning is tedious. :rolleyes:

Now, don't you guys get the wrong idea. Hubby has the equivalent of a three car garage (with a wood stove, AC, two 650s, a Mec [i think that's the brand], and a whole wall of grinders :rolleyes: ) for a shop, a brand new shed for lawn stuff, and a table in the pool room. He can use the TV and VCR in the pool room to play his gun tapes (instructional videos on gun repair). So, don't go thinking I have it all and my own room.

Rocky, I know lots of ladies who named theirs. I just never thought of one that suited her. Maybe I should start a thread in the Saloon (ACS) to get ideas. :unsure:

Bobby, you are so right about the blow up doll. With all the pinning done on and to a mannekin, she'd go flying around the room in no time.

:wub:

Allie

OMG!

You folks never cease to make me :).

Rocky, I know lots of ladies who named theirs. I just never thought of one that suited her. Maybe I should start a thread in the Saloon (ACS) to get ideas. :unsure:

Allie

I was ust thinkin the samething!! GREAT MINDS girl. ;)

She does indeed dear Allie.

In fact we have a "his," a "hers," and an "ours."

But of course, with all things married, I have no right to put anything in "hers," and she can put whatever she likes in mine!

:D

Kitchen...

You are a brave man sir! A MIGHTY brave man!

Some day I would be honored to shake hands with what's left of you.

EC

Kitchen...

ts

:wacko:

I can't watch!

Let me know when the fur is done flyin'!!

~EE Taft~

:o

Archived