SASS Wire Forum

Comanche Moon

Grizzly Dave

Picked it up yesterday in the bargain bin at WallyWorld.

Good movie? Where does it fall with the Lonesome Dove movie, before or after?

Thanks

Grizz

Howdy Grizz! The series, as it should be read or seen, is:

Dead Man's Walk - set in the early 1840's; Comanche Moon - set in the 1850-60's; Lonesome Dove - set in mid-to-late 1870's; Return to Lonesome Dove - set a year after the above (not written by McMurtry); and Streets of Laredo - set in the early 1890's

cool, thanks, I haven't had time to watch it yet, maybe this weekend. I should write down the others and keep an eye out for them.

Lonesome Dove is what I watch when I'm home and miserable sick, watch the whole thing start to finish in one day, maybe I doze, maybe I don't, but not like I haven't seen it before...

It wasn't great. I gave it a C.

UB, a C western is still better than most all the reality crap that's on TV these days.

+1....watched this weekend

UB, a C western is still better than most all the reality crap that's on TV these days.

You will not find me in disagreement. I rated it only in comparison to other westerns.

If it's got guns, hats, and horses, I'll watch it. :lol:

The book was better, when the Indians had Cpt. Skull in captivity they cut off his eyelids!!! Ouch....darn that hurts. Wasn't in the movie.:unsure:

The book was better, when the Indians had Cpt. Skull in captivity they cut off his eyelids!!! Ouch....darn that hurts. Wasn't in the movie.:unsure:

Probably because it was made for TV.

Ifin' a white man finds his way into a scared place, Apache law says to sew open his eyelids and force him to look into da sun. Dat will cause blindness. Cut out their tounge, so dey can't tell anyone whar da place is and just fer good measure, cut out his heels, so he can't walk.

Oh...Wait....dis is a movie ? Ok....rat !!!! B)

I couldn't make it thru the first episode. Lacked the grittiness of Lonesome Dove as all the characters looked like they just came from a salon. Read the book too. It was ok, but McMurtry seems to have a fascination for torture and spends a lot of time on it (as he did in Dead Man's Walk). Got a bit absurd after awhile. Haven't read Lonesome Dove, but loved the mini-series.

Oh well, that's just me. No more, no less. :)

Steve Zahn did a pretty decent job of emulating a young Gus. He caught a lot of Duvall's mannerisms.

Yep. And did pretty good with some of the wording. Sounding alot like the old Gus.

It is one of the things I liked about the movie.

Archived