SASS Wire Forum

Sent Our Third Furry Child Across Rainbow Bridge

Bama Red

Today we had to have one of our cats put down. Sammie was fifteen and was a rescue cat who we had had since he was a kitten. He was a very quiet boy who favored staying inside and sleeping under tables or chairs. He was having trouble breathing this afternoon and by the time I got him to the vet, it was too late to help him. Vet said it was either heart failure or cancer, since his chest was filled with fluid, compressing his lungs and heart. We'll bury him tomorrow with his brother and sister who we lost earlier this year. There's gonna be quite a crowd waiting on the other side of Rainbow Bridge when I cross over. :(

Today we had to have one of our cats put down. Sammie was fifteen and was a rescue cat who we had had since he was a kitten. He was a very quiet boy who favored staying inside and sleeping under tables or chairs. He was having trouble breathing this afternoon and by the time I got him to the vet, it was too late to help him. Vet said it was either heart failure or cancer, since his chest was filled with fluid, compressing his lungs and heart. We'll bury him tomorrow with his brother and sister who we lost earlier this year. There's gonna be quite a crowd waiting on the other side of Rainbow Bridge when I cross over. :(

Bamas.. in one side of my world the pasasge is thru the Milky way.. in another side of my world.. God sends his graces to all of us weak, small, large, strong.. .. the fact is God is in both worlds, and that is what does count. So, For Sammie.. maybe Sammie walk thru the Milky Way quickly into God's arms... Hugs.. Deja.

I'm planning on it, Lawman.

My condolences. We lost our 17 year old cat on Christmas Eve a few years back. I feel your pain. :(

Howdy Brother... my true condolences... My prayers for peace and healing... Though we tell people that we rescue them... in all actuality, they often rescue us...

Vaya con Dios

That is so true, Flint!

They really bring us whatever it is we need at the time and continue to provide for as long as we have them. Then there is a gaping hole in our hearts that never truly closes

Bama Red

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's a very difficult time for you fer sure.

Two years ago we lost two of our own cats that had kept us for 16 years.

They died within 6 months of each other.

No other furry angels in the house to comfort us, I turned to the shelter.

Sat in the kitty room and played with three characters for an hour until all 3 climbed into my lap and fell asleep.

I would have taken all three but the wife was a grievin' pretty hard.

Anyhow we adopted three others four months later.

One was on death row for bein' wild and untrainable.

He was only 4 weeks old. 1.1 pounds. We had to get special permission to foster him before adopting.

He was a challenge at first but now he's the most loving cat we've ever had.

Loves to take showers.

If your heart ain't too broke there are many, many furry angels at the shelters just waitin' to curl up in your lap.

Give yerself a chance to grieve but don't say "Never again".

The furry people (cats and dogs) help keep us young.

Ride easy, Pard.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Waimea, we aren't hurting for love - we still have two cats and two dogs here at home. We won't be looking for any others yet. All except for one dog are rescue animals.

Waimea, we aren't hurting for love - we still have two cats and two dogs here at home. We won't be looking for any others yet. All except for one dog are rescue animals.

Bama

Glad to hear that. When ours passed we were caught short and it was a very quiet house for a long spell.

Hate to see a Pard go through that. It was not pretty here.

Anyhow give the ones that ARE there with you an extra scrub on the head and tell them Uncle Waimea sends his regards. :lol:

W

:FlagAm:

Howdy Brother... my true condolences... My prayers for peace and healing... Though we tell people that we rescue them... in all actuality, they often rescue us...

Vaya con Dios

+1

I don't know what we'd do without our fur kids. They are truly God's gift to us. I'm so sorry you've had to experience this three times this year.

Back in the mid '90's, ('93-'98) we rescued five cats. Old age is now starting to catch up with them. Our oldest Louie, was eighteen when we lost her, and the other two, Sammie and Golden Boy were fifteen. The two we have left are sixteen.

Archived