SASS Wire Forum

Car stickers..

Deja Vous

Well I personnaly believe that if you are worried about someone stalking you and stealing your weapons just because you have a sticker on your car, then brother and sister you need a new place to live. But then that's just my opinion.

That was "flip"....... <_<

YOU going to buy my house and pay ALL my moving costs to where I want to live? ;)

Oh-how about a job for my wife at what she makes now WITH the great insurance she has on both of us :o

DIDN'T THINK SO :rolleyes:

LG

Well I personnaly believe that if you are worried about someone stalking you and stealing your weapons just because you have a sticker on your car, then brother and sister you need a new place to live. But then that's just my opinion.

Well maybe in Eugene and maybe here in farm country, but I've lived in some areas where caution was the word of the day.

Not everybody can just pack up and move.

WOW!!!

Didn't anyone ever hear of humor. Please stop taking everything so seriously. This is after all the Saloon.

I didn't pick up the humor in your post. Guess I'm a little dense today.

Well just about every thing I say has some element of humor in it. Perhaps that is because I have learned in my dottering old age that nothing is as important as we believe it to be. Life is just too short to bother with the small stuff and as someone else once said "it's all small stuff."

I personnaly believe no one should live in those awful big cities, especially in Califonia (why some of them have over 5000 people in them), but I really didn't belive that anyone would consider dumping everything and move just because I said something. However, having said that I believe that if someone is always in fear of something happening to their home and family then no job or house, or amount of money is worth living that way. But again that is just my opinion which doesn't really count any more than some other old fart's opinion.

WOW!!!

Didn't anyone ever hear of humor. Please stop taking everything so seriously. This is after all the Saloon.

You sir, did not do one thing to indicate what you are NOW saying ;)

YES, I have heard of "humor" and it was NOT in your post <_<

Cheers,

LG

Angus, I kinda see what you're saying.

When I was in LA I'd hear about how terrible south LA was (I did some time there on the job) and I'd think to myself, if its this damn bad and there are no prospects except gangs & crime, I'd pack my 9 mil and head for the wilds of Alaska and live off the land.

But, I was raised on a farm in Il and became a firefighter, so I've got a bit of a different perspective than a homie from the hood.

A few years back I had a "Charlton Heston is my president" sticker (some of you remember those)on the rear window of my pickup just behind my head. I was stopped at a trooper check point and the young officer took a second look at the sticker and asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle. I answered yes. He asked if I had a concealed carry permit and I said yes. He asked to see the permit, my license, registration, and proof of insurance. Told me to have a nice night and be careful, because it was race week and a lot of drunk drivers were out.

If I lived where there was gang banger POS's I'd move. I've had NRA and SASS stickers on my truck for years with no problems. I guess if I lived in Southern Cali I would worry too. I'm surprised you can still own guns in that state. I've lived in LA and Oakland as far as I'm concerned they could cut the state off at Sacramento and I wouldn't cry. I'm more worried about the POS's in the government trying to take my guns then gang bangers. Ok I'm done with my rant. :wacko:

Guess it depends on where you live - I am proud to be part of the NRA and have a sticker on my truck. Heck, in these parts if'n you don't have an NRA sticker on your truck you might be suspect of bein' anti-gun! ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Deja, I'm with Grizzly Dave on this one, stickers simply don't belong an ANY car, IMHO. I just don't put them on my cars, I think that they detract from the visual appeal, not to mention the vehicles' value. I occasionally see a car on the road with stickers all over it and I think to myself "If they ever wanted to sell that, it wouldn't be worth anything because of all the stickers". Plus, as an ex-body mechanic, I know what a pain it is to try and remove them without doing damage to the vehicles' finish (It's almost impossible). I'm so adamant about it that I once told an ex-boss, who was about to slap a bumper sticker on my Mustang, that if that sticker touched my car, I was gonna make him peel it back off using his teeth, 'cause he wouldn't be able to use his hands.

Slackwater

I only have a magnetic "Support our Troops" sticker on the back of my F-150. I have a SASS Marshal sticker next to the door of my RV trailer and one on my gun cart.

Deja, I'm with Grizzly Dave on this one, stickers simply don't belong an ANY car, IMHO. I just don't put them on my cars, I think that they detract from the visual appeal, not to mention the vehicles' value. I occasionally see a car on the road with stickers all over it and I think to myself "If they ever wanted to sell that, it wouldn't be worth anything because of all the stickers". Plus, as an ex-body mechanic, I know what a pain it is to try and remove them without doing damage to the vehicles' finish (It's almost impossible). I'm so adamant about it that I once told an ex-boss, who was about to slap a bumper sticker on my Mustang, that if that sticker touched my car, I was gonna make him peel it back off using his teeth, 'cause he wouldn't be able to use his hands.

Slackwater

Slackwater what you just said is why I only put stickers on windows :rolleyes:

Slackwater what you just said is why I only put stickers on windows :rolleyes:

Shoer, I don't even do that! They obstruct your sight lines, and removing them, while easier off glass than off paint, still leaves adhesive residue, no matter what type of solvent you use. PERIOD. NO STICKERS!! lol

Slackwater

If I lived where there was gang banger POS's I'd move. I've had NRA and SASS stickers on my truck for years with no problems. I guess if I lived in Southern Cali I would worry too. I'm surprised you can still own guns in that state. I've lived in LA and Oakland as far as I'm concerned they could cut the state off at Sacramento and I wouldn't cry. I'm more worried about the POS's in the government trying to take my guns then gang bangers. Ok I'm done with my rant. :wacko:

Well then you better start packing your bags........

Lots of gangs have left their old places for new and Colorado Springs is part of the

"new"......

It's sad to see this happen as I was born in Co.

Cheers,

LG

Well then you better start packing your bags........

Lots of gangs have left their old places for new and Colorado Springs is part of the

"new"......

It's sad to see this happen as I was born in Co.

Cheers,

LG

I will be packing my bags as soon as I'm out of the army. I live on post so not to worried about them following me home. You are right there are some pretty bad spots around here. I'm ready if they come ;)

I have a 1st Cav sticker and a Special Forces sticker on my truck.

But...would I have put them on back in the 70s? Hell No.

I saw cars with military identification keyed and windows broken back then. I don't put political stickers on either. I'd just like to find my truck intact when I get back to it.

Reasonable caution doesn't mean you live in fear. Just means you use your head.

My truck is FESTOONED with Pro-Gun stickers on the rear window. SASS stickers, SASS License Plate Covers and SASS hitch cover, NRA, TSRA, Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, and "Criminals Prefer Unarmed Victims" stickers.

I have never been followed home by a POS, nor does anyone mess with me in traffic.

My "car gun" goes in the house beside the bed (next to the others staged there and elsewhere around the house), and my house is rarely vacant. In fact, I had to tell the boy (Lobo Timmy) that a pard was coming up to my porch to pick up some ammo I had left for him, and the boy was NOT to shoot at him (or the UPS guy!!)!

Any POS that even THINKS about it wont have much left to think with afterwards.

There is even a 1911 at the front door for those people I dont recognize through the peephole!

FWIW..YMMV..SOso

========================================================

Besides all the NRA, VSSA, SASS and gun club stickers on the back of my Explorer, I also have anti-liberal stickers, stickers promoting the election/re-election of various conservative pro-gun and therefore mostly Republican politicians. The only reaction I've ever gotten from any of that is a horn honk and a smile and/or thumbs-up.

I have a 1st Cav sticker and a Special Forces sticker on my truck.

But...would I have put them on back in the 70s? Hell No.

I saw cars with military identification keyed and windows broken back then. I don't put political stickers on either. I'd just like to find my truck intact when I get back to it.

Reasonable caution doesn't mean you live in fear. Just means you use your head.

I can "relate to" that, UB. I have long been an Active member of the FOP first in Tidewater VA and for the past twenty or more years DC Lodge #1 (an Active Member in Retired status). When thy had them available I had the little "FOP" metal disks. When I was assigned to our HQ in Washington and lived in Southern Maryland I for a while sported a MD plate with the "FPW" (to distinguish us from Maryland-employed FOP members). The only time I was uncomfortable about that was when someone at church/cub scouts asked me where and when I was a POW. I had to politely clarify the meaning of the plate.

Today my F-150 sports a barely visible out of date FOP active member sticker (the lodge quit issuing them some years back) and a FLEOA sticker on the left rear window of the cab. Both are low-vis due to the factory tinting on the windows of the cab and the truck topper.

Now New Mexico isn't quite Texas in its attitude towards guns (I wouldn't mind if it was) but we are close. I have been retired for over ten years, my NM CHL is endorsed "Retired Police Officer," and I have never felt threatened or had any trouble over the issue.

I think if I was still on the job and living in Maryland or Northern California, or New York City again, I might view things differently. I did have the paint on my then new Dodge Stratus deeply keyed in San Francisco back in 1998. Not sure if it was because of the Travis AFB base decal or my NCIS logo. Times have changed and so have I changed.

Guess the key point, aesthetics aside, is situational awareness. As that great American philosopher Meridith Wilson wrote, "You GOTTA know th' territory!"

Just my pen'orth.

Sinful has the SASS and NRA on his truck. I do not have any on mine. I would not feel comfortable putting anything on my car as most of my clients know what I drive and they do not need to be privy to what I do with my free time.

oh and by the way I may be a little naive but what are POS'?

Archived