SASS Wire Forum

Happy Fat Tuesday

Spanish Bit Bobb

Nawlins is great fun, some of the best food anywhere. Don't go down for Mardi Gras, you'll wade through elbow to elbow drunks, pee, puke, garbage and other assorted gross stuff.

Cafe Du Monde is awesome for coffee and beignets, Mothers has the best Po Boy sammichs. Best restaurant, there are LOTS, I like Commanders Palace and any of Emerills places. Don't forget the BBQ Shrimp at Pascal Manales!

• 5 months later...

You'll also have to go the Cafe Du Monde for beignets, those are awesome.

For the best po boy, go to Mother's. Unbelivably good stuff. I recommend the debris po boy. Real french baguette, tender roast beef (they roast it for hours) and pan debris from the roast piled on top with a touch of shredded cabbage.

Whiskey Business... you are KILLING me here... I've been all over the country, but have never been to Nawlins... And Cafe Du Monde and Mother's are on my bucket list...

Vaya con Dios

well..Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?

Not you Bobb. :lol:

Whiskey Business... you are KILLING me here... I've been all over the country, but have never been to Nawlins... And Cafe Du Monde and Mother's are on my bucket list...

Vaya con Dios

Flint, be prepared. Since you're unfamliar with Nawlins, stay on the well lit touristy route. Cafe du Monde and Mothers are on that route. But those places will spoil you for anything else. Been years since I was there, still cravin that debris poboy.

Flint, be prepared. Since you're unfamliar with Nawlins, stay on the well lit touristy route. Cafe du Monde and Mothers are on that route. But those places will spoil you for anything else. Been years since I was there, still cravin that debris poboy.

If Ms. Maggie and I ever get there... you come down and meet us... The debris poboys are on us...!!! Thanks for the info...!!!

Vaya con Dios

Wahhh. I wanna go too. I think New Orleans would be a great place for convention. Take a river boat cruise up to Natchez or an alligator hunt for giggles. Eat till you are silly and see all that history.

What is not to like.

Wahhh. I wanna go too. I think New Orleans would be a great place for convention. Take a river boat cruise up to Natchez or an alligator hunt for giggles. Eat till you are silly and see all that history.

What is not to like.

ONE CLANG FER BADGER!!

That shot was dead center perfect! :FlagAm:

Man, I thought I had lost 8 months. Go from August to March in one swoop!

Not been to Nawlins but Lake Charles was sure fun.

I thought that also, Noz. Maybe the Saloon is really a time machine.

But New Awlins is a fun olace to visit. Just not at Mardi Gras fer me.

Well Badger...I waz surprised ta see this thread myself. I coodn't find some older threads, since tha Saloon crashed last month. :blink:

Man, I thought I had lost 8 months. Go from August to March in one swoop!

Not been to Nawlins but Lake Charles was sure fun.

Just ran into this thread. Noz, my hometown is Lake Charles. Found out recently that my little sister and Whiskey Business were in the same high school graduation class at the same high school I went to. Whiskey's husband went to high school in Lake Charles also.

'Bout Nawlins...I lived in Houma near Nawlins for 5 years and have been to the Vieux Carre' many times. I road in the largest parade in the Mardi Gras in 1998...Krewe of Endymion...rolls on Sat night. Spent $1,800 on beads and threw them out in a 4 hour parade ride time. All the parade floats rolled up in the SuperDome, they closed the doors and 10,000 people had a party. Opening act was Frankie Valli. Also had The Four Tops and The Temptations. The view, by the way, is MUCH better from the float than on the ground watching the parade. LOTS of women earned their beads the HARD way.

+1 on the Cafe Du Monde on Decatur Street...love the beignets and cafe au lait. Now for PoBoy sammichs, I like a place called Progressive Grocery just down Decatur Street from the Cafe Du Monde right across the street from the French Market. A PoBoy fully dressed with a Barqs, that's a meal.

Lassiez les bon temps rouler INDEED!

Just ran into this thread. Noz, my hometown is Lake Charles. Found out recently that my little sister and Whiskey Business were in the same high school graduation class at the same high school I went to. Whiskey's husband went to high school in Lake Charles also.

'Bout Nawlins...I lived in Houma near Nawlins for 5 years and have been to the Vieux Carre' many times. I road in the largest parade in the Mardi Gras in 1998...Krewe of Endymion...rolls on Sat night. Spent $1,800 on beads and threw them out in a 4 hour parade ride time. All the parade floats rolled up in the SuperDome, they closed the doors and 10,000 people had a party. Opening act was Frankie Valli. Also had The Four Tops and The Temptations. The view, by the way, is MUCH better from the float than on the ground watching the parade. LOTS of women earned their beads the HARD way.

+1 on the Cafe Du Monde on Decatur Street...love the beignets and cafe au lait. Now for PoBoy sammichs, I like a place called Progressive Grocery just down Decatur Street from the Cafe Du Monde right across the street from the French Market. A PoBoy fully dressed with a Barqs, that's a meal.

Lassiez les bon temps rouler INDEED!

The place can get a little crazy. I remember trying to navigate after a couple of Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's. :wacko: Wildcat's dad was raised around Thibodaux, which is in your neck of the woods.

Only been to New Orleans one time. No one bothered to warn us it was Southern Decadence weekend.....gay Mardi Gras. Oh the sights I saw...yikes!

We did discover that my husband likes the Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's.... while I do not!

We are fortunate to have a Katrina refugee land in Monett, Mo and open a restaurant called The Bayou.

We can go there for red beans and rice and even boudine. Make a killer jalapeno corn bread!

Archived