SASS Wire Forum

Happy Fat Tuesday

Spanish Bit Bobb

Meg is already Merry, Bobb.

:blink:

Pancake suppers galore!

Can Easter be far behind?

Look out Big Easy and Rio.

Well Badger, yer not callin' Meg tha Big Easy are ya? ...thot she waz Easy Emily? :huh:

Well Badger, yer not callin' Meg tha Big Easy are ya? ...thot she waz Easy Emily? :huh:

Well, she did say that she was reloading. Kinda of a catchy way to put it tho. :unsure:

I thot Naw Olins was the Big Easy. Bet the NO LEOs will have great time tomorrow night.

Rio has their Carnival. I suspect it is more like losing the iv.

Not all Mardi Gras celebrations are about beads and moonpies. In southwest Louisiana, some small towns in the boonies celebrate the old time way.

In the morning, a group of costumed riders get polluted on whiskey and beer and go from house to house and gather ingrediants for a gumbo. Usually the homeowner throws a live chicken at them and they run into each other trying to catch it. This goes on all morning, going from house to house, drinking, falling off their horses. Then they take the chickens (which are a bit worse for the wear) back into town where they get thrown into a gumbo. Then everybody drinks and eats until midnight, the start of Lent.

Wheee!

Some day, I want to go to Naw-Lins and drink bourbon on Bourbon Street, eat crawdads, and spend all day laughing!

Regards,

Allie Mo

You'll also have to go the Cafe Du Monde for beignets, those are awesome.

For the best po boy, go to Mother's. Unbelivably good stuff. I recommend the debris po boy. Real french baguette, tender roast beef (they roast it for hours) and pan debris from the roast piled on top with a touch of shredded cabbage.

Whiskey we had family in the area, Metarie and a cousin in the french quarter. Emily took us to a place called Grits' (IIRC) with food, pool and dancing. The owner was real particular about no dancing in the pool room for some unknown reason. It was wild to watch the wall of police and street sweepers come through right at the stroke of midnight.

We had lunch one day at the southern yacht club and a crawfish boil dinner at the home of our host the next. Complete with the times picayune on the picnic table and dixie beer, cigars and brandy after dinner. Flew out a couple of days after and I made it home so broke I had to get a "pay me later" envelope from a toll taker and that was for fifty cents. :excl:

HEY Y'ALL!! I think I just had an epiphany!! :unsure::wacko: (Tha's a thought that springs from a moment of total clarity and inspiration of the highest order)

The S.A.S.S. Convention should be held in Nawlins!! I've been both places and Vegas has nothin' on New Orleans!!!!

Ever been to New Orleans Bobb?

Yes...went to Mardigras back in tha 70's. I waz impressed with awl the revelers, drunks n' rowdies

who were on their best behavior. as wild as it was, did not see one arrest. :)

I pulled my punch there. There are worse images in that slide show. MUCH worse.

Yep, one image that was burnt inta my innocent lil' mind, waz a guy in a white sailor suit with @ss end cut out. He had a beautiful, sweet young thing in tow...only ta find out she was a he. :blink:

Now, I don't mind drivelin

But I sure do hate snivelin

And name-callin greenhorns for sure

They barge through our doors

Like an old sway-backed horse

Who thinks he's still lovely and pure

They'll point bony fingers

At all us who linger

At the bar here, just mindin our own

Our drivelin amuses

But for them, it confuses

So I think they should go the hell home.

If you don't like our bar

Then just hop in your car

And drive to your forum of choice

Cause we're friends here ya see?

You should just let us be

Around here Bud, you ain't got no voice

Archived