SASS Wire Forum

How Did You Meet Your Spouse?

Bama Red

One week before leaving for VietNam, I and another Marine from Camp Pendleton flew to San Jose Ca. to visit my family.

They asked what I wanted to do for my last weekend and I said "Go to Yosemite". 12+ people in 4 cars headed out for the trip.

Setting up tent camps and going out to the meadow for the evening we met 25+ people sitting in a large circle. I sat down next to a group of 3 girls who were from Anaheim up for their first trip to Yosemite. Jerry and I stayed with them for the weekend, asking them for a ride to Pendleton when they drove home. They ditched the 2 longhair guys who came with them and took us instead.

They must have thought we were cute with our short haircuts, I told them we went to USMC, University of Science, Music, Culture.

Jerry dated Nancy and Lillian and I dated LouAnn for 1 week, then left for VietNam. We (LouAnn and I) wrote letters to each other

and I asked her to meet me in Hawaii for my R&R. 1 week in Hawaii then back to VietNam, she had moved from Anaheim to my parents house, working and going to college. I came home for 10 days Dec.31st 1970-Jan.10th 1971, then back to VietNam.

Jerry and I came home after our tour and I married LouAnn and he married Nancy. 1 of the longhairs (Gary) caught up to Lillian and married her. It will be 40 years ago May 1st 2011. I have 3 kids, Jeff 39, Jennifer 33, Jacob 23. Lillian has a Jennifer and Nancy has a Julie. All "J" names, what a cowinkedink. And that's the truth.

Big Jake

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One week before leaving for VietNam, I and another Marine from Camp Pendleton flew to San Jose Ca. to visit my family.

They asked what I wanted to do for my last weekend and I said "Go to Yosemite". 12+ people in 4 cars headed out for the trip.

Setting up tent camps and going out to the meadow for the evening we met 25+ people sitting in a large circle. I sat down next to a group of 3 girls who were from Anaheim up for their first trip to Yosemite. Jerry and I stayed with them for the weekend, asking them for a ride to Pendleton when they drove home. They ditched the 2 longhair guys who came with them and took us instead.

They must have thought we were cute with our short haircuts, I told them we went to USMC, University of Science, Music, Culture.

Jerry dated Nancy and Lillian and I dated LouAnn for 1 week, then left for VietNam. We (LouAnn and I) wrote letters to each other

and I asked her to meet me in Hawaii for my R&R. 1 week in Hawaii then back to VietNam, she had moved from Anaheim to my parents house, working and going to college. I came home for 10 days Dec.31st 1970-Jan.10th 1971, then back to VietNam.

Jerry and I came home after our tour and I married LouAnn and he married Nancy. 1 of the longhairs (Gary) caught up to Lillian and married her. It will be 40 years ago May 1st 2011. I have 3 kids, Jeff 39, Jennifer 33, Jacob 23. Lillian has a Jennifer and Nancy has a Julie. All "J" names, what a cowinkedink. And that's the truth.

Big Jake

Cool story Jakes... I loved reading it... The J names are pretty cool... thanks for the post, I love romance stuff.. lol

Big Jake

Big Jake, got ya bet !!! I got 4 kids...

Jeff (31) Jennifer (28) Justin (26) and Jesse (23) ....

I AM DONE !!!!

Yeah, but my Jeff and Jennifer are older than yours. Jacob was going to be a Justin. Justin Case, or Justin Time, or what I

thought was the best one, Justin Nuther Hanson. My wife said "meet Jacob" Can't argue with SWMBO. After 3 kids, I got the V cut.

Big Jake

I was the "ringer" on a church softball team, she was there to watch one of the stars,,,,but I threw stardust in hers eyes,,,,she was there with a girlfriend, i cudn't member whose name was who's, Bev and Barb,, later that week i went to her house and asked for, you guessed it, had the name wrong, we were married bout 9 monthes later, cant figure out what she sees......that was 1973 when we were married.

cheyenne

Can someone loan me a big club and a shovel? I just KNOW that no one will testify against me. :lol:

sure thing WC--I gots a bag a lime in the trunk too :huh:

I met my husband in summer of '79 Seal Beach CA, when we were 29, in a restaurant/bar/disco on the harbor. He was so handsome and tall as he talked & laughed with friends at the grill bar. I was looking for my usual seat to order something after a long day teaching swim lessons, so I passed by him and said hello. We talked a little and then said he would talk to me later. His friend was telling a joke he just had to hear. I was a bombshell back then and making me wait got me a little miffed, but I made him wait plenty as time went on :lol: He soon came over and sat next to me where we talked and later danced all evening. We said our good-byes without exchanging numbers, not sure why, but agreed to meet for lunch at another place in a week. The time came and I had an ear infection that day so I didn't go. Another week passed and I went back to the restaurant keeping my eyes peeled for him. It was 2 hours into the evening before I spotted him on the dance floor just leaning against the DJ booth talking to the spinner. I came up behind him and put my arms around his waist. He said later he only saw my leopard boots in the mirror and then was pleasantly surprised to turn around and see me. We were together and looked just like Barbie and Ken REALLY from then on...and two kids...and off...and divorced...and on remarried eachother...and off again for 12 years. We had the best and worst of times and never regretted anything but our stupidity!!

Archived