SASS Wire Forum

Valentine's Day

Rufus Brady

Well, Valentine's Day is coming up. What are you doing for your sweetie?

Due to other commitments, we are missing the Masonic Sweetheart's Luncheon today at the Lodge. The Brothers all cook for their spouses or girlfriends.

Tonite, I am cooking yellowfin tuna, special potatoes, with cole slaw. Tomorrow, I am cooking goulash (takes all day to do it right), with noodles or spaetzel, fresh

Brussel sprouts, and wine.

Followed up by home-made apple pie.

Several years back I booked the wife and I a one day excursion from Atlanta down to Cozumel. A complete surprise on her part she soon found herself at Hartsfield International boarding an open bar hour and forty-five minute flight bound for Mexico. Upon arrival I rented a car and driver for the day. After touring the local Mayan ruins and then having a leasurely seafood lunch overlooking the ocean. I turned her loose for a shopping spree at the local market. Just before sundown we reboarded the jet back to Atlanta where later we dined at our favorite watering hole before returning home for other pleasures.

To this day all I hear about our adventure is complaints about the unseemly Mexican heat and the drudgery of carrying her various market purchases back to the car.

In hindsight and subsequence divorce, I'd open the bedroom door come Valentine morning ... toss in a dozen red roses, a 2 lb box of Godiva chocolates, and a box of cowboy load 38's cartridges and hope none where later returned my way.

Valentines day? When is that again?

We went out with a group from church for a valentines banquet last week. Ain't that enuff?

Maybe I'll pick up pizza so she don't have to cook, wait, I do much of the cooking, same diff.

Yeah, Pizza is always a good choice.

Grizz

I always get her a dozen red roses because that is her favorite flower. This year, I also got her seasons 1 and 2 of the TV show Merlin. She loves that show.

Guess I'll feed the horses and the puppy as usual, mebbe play with the puppy a bit longer than normal, pour myself about three fingers of single malt, fix somethin' to eat, repeat the process with the single malt and call it a night. -- GIT

When the love of your life is also a cowboy shooter, you have to take extra special care of her! :wub: Spent the morning at the range letting her shoot one of my new 9mm autos. Tonight I'm taking her to our annual "Sweethearts Ball" at American Legion Post 291 in Newport Beach. (I just picked up her corsage, as it's a dressy affair!) Several of our SASS friends will be there tonight as well.

Monday......flowers for her at her office.

Monday AM give her a card with a $100.00 gift certificate to her favorite nail salon

Monday have a dozen red roses coming to her office

Monday night going to dinner with another couple to Bonefish. We have had Valentines dinner with this couple for 8 years or more on this night.

Some of you guys may think I am stupid or wasting money, but how many of you received a new Jimmy Spurs 73 for Christmas from your wife?

I did!

Nuff said

What comes around, goes around!

Lets see waking up at 5am going to work on a double shift, so I will be returning home around 11:30pm take a quick shower and go to bed so I can get up the next day and do it all over again. I have an academy class on the range so I will be on double shifts Mon, Tue and Wed. We will celebrate on Thursday.

In the interim I got her a card, a box of Ghiardelli Chocolates, and a gift card.

I buy my own guns, whatever and whenever I want to. In 31 years my wife bought me one gun and that was my original Service Revolver a S&W Model 66, it sits in my safe now and goes to the range once and awhile, my son shoots it more frequently than I do when he has surplus 38 he wants to shoot.

Archived