SASS Wire Forum

Has anybody used the Winchester model 97...

Three Foot Johnson

... tent? :wacko:

The chain I work for "used to" carry these, until tonight... we originally sold them for $399.00, then disco'd them and marked them down to $249.97, then down to $99.66, and today there was an additional 20% off that. :unsure: I decided to buy two of them, and I haven't used a tent in, oh... eighteen years now. :wacko::FlagAm: A quick check online shows them as high as ~$550. :FlagAm:

LOL!!!!!!!!

I can see it now tha fluster as someone gets a pole hung up that will not go together, or when tha zipper hangs up halfway open when ye gotta go pee. He He He

RRR

Are you sure they are 97s? Reason I ask there was a 93 winchester copy sold by big 5. They were designed for CAS but are not SASS legal. You can shoot them at you loacal match but not in a state or higher match. Bullett 19707

I paid 350 for mine. It is not a bad tent. I prefer my bigger wall canvas tent for cold weather , but the 97 is much lighter and works fine. In a heavy rain or prolonged rainy weather, I set a large tarp up over it to keep most of the rain off and it works to keep the interior much less prone to drips.

... tent? :wacko:

The chain I work for "used to" carry these, until tonight... we originally sold them for $399.00, then disco'd them and marked them down to $249.97, then down to $99.66, and today there was an additional 20% off that. :unsure: I decided to buy two of them, and I haven't used a tent in, oh... eighteen years now. :wacko::FlagAm: A quick check online shows them as high as ~$550. :FlagAm:

Howdy J Bar,

Happy New Year Pard. How bout showing us all a photo of what these tents look like.

Roy

I don't get it.

Ya see, it is a play on two things. Winchester and model 97. Winchester makes all kinds of outdoor gear, or at least license the name. Things other than guns have model numbers. This tent is a winchester model 97 tent. Not a model 97 shotgun which they assume everyone will be expecting. If ya have to explain it then it isn't funny anymore....... :wacko:

Howdy Newt,

This post is a reading comprehension exercise.

The '93 model has already been mentioned...it's only a matter of time before the Marlin proponents chime in.

:wacko:

... tent? :lol:

The chain I work for "used to" carry these, until tonight... we originally sold them for $399.00, then disco'd them and marked them down to $249.97, then down to $99.66, and today there was an additional 20% off that. :lol: I decided to buy two of them, and I haven't used a tent in, oh... eighteen years now. :blush::lol: A quick check online shows them as high as ~$550. :blink:

Go ahead and give ya' chain a plug and maybe or maybe not, we will buy one or three.

Shenny

I know this is not a commercial plug but it is fun.

Wholesale Sports, formerly Sportsman's Warehouse stores, but there aren't any left in any of our stores now. :lol: A decent tent at over 80% off... they didn't last long. They wanted 'em GONE by year's end.

I'm 6'4"/310... I wonder if the "Big Boy" would be a good choice? It's legal at local sites, but can I use it in National Parks campgrounds too?

Archived