SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hendo, a good debate is one without the falling to making disparaging remarks about the person you're debating. It's a sign for lack of confidence in what you're espousing. Also, you choose to attack words rather than debate the intent of what I said. So the Constitution and the BOR didn't give us our rights. But they did define what those rights are. The Judicial system and the 2nd amendment protect those rights. Yeah, in theory so does Congress, the Senate, and the President. My original position wasn't about the intent or opinions on what all of those documents may say. Mine was those rights were not granted or given to my by a God. Unless now you want to embrace all Gods since the USA is no longer a single religion nation. All their references to "God" are based on the religion of Christianity. And I'm not sure which one of the many, mines right, version of Christianity they were referring to. And it did take a Constitutional Amendment to give women the right to vote. Big Government interceded where the States couldn't figure it out. Also the Constitution defined how the President and Vice President were to be elected. So the Constitution did address some aspect of voting. On another note, no one pushed back on my comment about "freedom of religion" was about all the facets of Christianity. Todays culture now needs it to be all inclusive. Which it's not. Otherwise you're free to worship in whatever way you want as long as it's Christianity. Ike
  3. Are you thinking this gun cocks the hammers when it's fired? That's not what the website says. It says they cock on opening.
  4. Ethan, If you already shoot .45 colt,how about cutting some down to C45S ?If you don't like the cartridge you haven't invested much to find out. Choctaw
  5. Mean Gene -Dad pan Willy is first in line for foe #1 your 3rd in line
  6. That is most lucid explanation I have yet seen. Thanks! Extending this logic, it appears the TC is more desirable in 38SP cartridges for a longer OAL. I bought the 105gr LTCFP specifically for low-recoil use in our revolvers. I'm thinking 158gr is much better suited in the Marlin.
  7. I so envy you gents that not only have a shop... but a basement as well.
  8. I would also think that any attorney, even the most inept, will file a motion to have Sanders, Booker, Harris and Warren recused from the Senate trial of Mr. Trump.
  9. OP, what brand ammo? Have you tried other brands like CCI mini-mag solids? OLG
  10. A barrel that is wider at the breech and muzzle than it is in the middle; helps reduce weight and balance better:
  11. Next time, I think you should strive for more accuracy... (Thanks for the useful info!)
  12. Anyone got a video of it being done right?
  13. I make my kids watch this at least once per year.
  14. Again, the Truncated Cone will put more nose length out in front of the case than a round nose flat point, making feeding slicker and more reliable. A 105 grain bullet is hard enough to get to feed in most lever guns. So the usual design at that weight is TC to keep as much length as possible out ahead of the case mouth. Good luck, GJ
  15. Beretta / Uberti, 1873, 20 inch octagon barrel. Short stroke, Really smooth, Stock shortened 1 1/4 inches. East Alabama area. $1000.
  16. Will the feminist groups have a booth for sampling their de-masculinized men?
  17. Try Blue Dot and watch the groups shrink. BD is also about the cleanest burning powder you will ever use. BD works it's best towards the top end of the charge table. OLG
  18. Sad to say it, but the 2A supporters could cure cancer and male baldness, and still be demonized by Democrats.
  19. Ralph and his Attorney General need our charitable donations. Their "blackface" make up is running out and needs replenishment.
  20. David Hogg, the creepy gun control freak financed by Bloomburg dissed us as "gun freaks" that hate the 1st Amendment and veterans. He said that the Virginia Gun Rights March was just a lower class angst. One of my great nieces was in the same class as that slime. She said he was an a___________. Bloomburg will spend umpteen dollars to try to take away rights and things that he doesn't like. Guns and large soda pops are in his sights! He wants to be our nanny and make us like it.
  21. For about the last 10 years, much of the 22 LR ammo has been made with VERY poor quality control on primer placement. Was using a lot of Winchester Xpert .22 ammo (pretty cheap stuff) for Boy Scout rifle marksmanship training. Began getting a lot of failures to fire, but the ammo would fire with a second strike on a different part of the rim. Pulled the bullets on several that had one strike on it without firing. Examined the priming compound down in the rim by looking down into the case. Compound was MISSING from about 10-20% of the circumference around the rim. And, the strike mark was obviously at one of the gaps in the primer material! Since then, I have narrowed down the brands that I have our Scouts use, to prevent the inconvenience (and loss of focus) that a misfire causes. These seem to be made much better than most other 22 brands. Federal AutoMatch (pictured in TM's reply) Federal 711 and 719 (practice) target ammo. The 711 is loaded to subsonic velocity and is quieter. All the Federal high-price target ammo (if you can afford to spend the $10+ a box price) Eley Club ammo (kinda pricey though). The ones with problems: Had FTF problems with almost all Winchester 22 Had problems with most Remington 22 (especially that cheap Thunderbolt stuff and Golden Bullet bulk or boxed) Had problems with some CCI (Blazer particularly) It's a shame that shooters (and a large number of them kids) are being poorly served by ammo manufacturers failure to apply a little QC to their production. I would guess ammo quality is to blame for at least part of the Wrangler failure to fire problem. Good luck, GJ
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.