SASS Wire Forum

Cell phone directory assistance?

Screenshot_20231204-212357.thumb.png.4c72767f1db063935fbc26e447d2a209.png

I was reading this cartoon, and was thinking that if I needed to call my wife or my daughter or my friend or whatever and I did not have my phone with all those people in the contact list, I was SOL.

Back in the long ago time, when everyone had a landline, you could call 411 and the operator would look the number up for you. And unless the person you was looking for had paid extra to have an unlisted number, the operator would tell you what it was. Then they would offer to dial it for you for another 50 cents.

Do they have anything like that now, for cell phones?

I'm unaware of such a thing, but there's a lot of stuff out there that "I didn't know they did that".

• Like 1

I just ask Siri to call whatever. “Get me the number for Joe’s lumber yard”, call my “wife’s name”, find a number for “Sam Smith” etc. if there is more than one listing I will narrow it down by giving approximate location such as city or “Sam Smith on Main Street”

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

• Like 1

Call 411 and find out!

I use DuckDuckGo and search. If I can’t find the number I usually don’t bother searching any further. 

• Like 1

You mean you do not carry a little black book any more...I still carry a piece of paper with numbers written on it...Nothing is programed on my phone....Would not know how to get them any way...

Texas Lizard

• Haha 1