SASS Wire Forum

Could you bury him in the desert, and still collect the ransom?

Alpo

The way my mind works.

I saw a cartoon. The Pumpkineaters, and the missus is worried that the other children will make fun of the new baby because they named him Peter Peter.

This reminded me of Bones, and Booth shot a clown on an ice cream truck, so they made him see a shrink. The shrink was British, and when he would introduce himself he would say his name was Gordon, Gordon Wyatt. At first Booth thought it was like Bond, James Bond. But he wasn't giving you his last name. He was giving you his first name. Finally Booth asks about that and finds out that that is his actual name. Both his first name and his middle name are Gordon.

So this gets me thinking about the stupid things people name their children, thinking it's cool, and the children have to live with it.

That got me thinking about biracial children. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and Tracy in one of his "I don't want a colored guy marrying my white daughter" arguments asks about the children. He says that the man and the woman could be going into this with their eyes open, sure they can accept the criticism of their neighbors for being a mixed racial couple, but the poor kid ain't got no say in the matter.

After thinking of black/white kids for a while, I thought of Eurasian - which shows that it's not only Americans that are racist because eurasians are despised in every Oriental country - and then half breeds here in America. Indian/non Indian.

And that got me thinking about the movie Big Jake. One of the bad guys was a half breed. And he chases the little boy into the barn, where the little boy stabs him in the face with a pitchfork. He starts to shoot the little boy, and Richard Boone yells at him. "BREED!! He ain't no good to us dead."

And then I wondered. They grab the kid. They ride off into the desert.

You suppose they could kill him and bury him in a dry wash, and still collect the ransom?

Start with a stupid name and end up with murdering a kidnap victim. But everything in that chain of thought makes perfect sense, and one leads to the next one totally logically.

Whatever you do, when the police say 'you have the right to remain silent' do that....

I understand but others might not

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Alpo said:

You suppose they could kill him and bury him in a dry wash, and still collect the ransom?

To the question -- plenty of ransoms have been paid on already-dead hostages. If I'm not mistaken, the Lindberg kidnapping was one such case.

It's why 'proof of life' is a thing.

15 hours ago, Alpo said:

Start with a stupid name and end up with murdering a kidnap victim. But everything in that chain of thought makes perfect sense, and one leads to the next one totally logically.

Yeah Sure Ross Geller GIF Yeah Sure Ross Geller David, 49% OFF

3 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

- plenty of ransoms have been paid on already-dead hostages. If I'm not mistaken, the Lindberg kidnapping was one such case

I wasn't thinking so much about nowadays. More about the actual movie, out in the desert with that Apache tracker that Big Jake brought along.

22 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Don’t eat such a heavy meal before going to bed.

yeah, Alpo definitely has too much free time on his hands. Looks like around 80% of the posts here are from Alpo visiting the Twilight Zone.  LOL

TM

1 hour ago, Texas Maverick said:

yeah, Alpo definitely has too much free time on his hands. Looks like around 80% of the posts here are from Alpo visiting the Twilight Zone.  LOL

TM

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I think that it's more a case of Alpo visiting us FROM the Twilight Zone.:P

Maybe that other show “do not adjust your set” The Outer Limits”

• Haha 2

Alpo, lately you have made some posts that indicate that…you may be bored. Perhaps something new, interesting and involving bright colors and umbrella drinks. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Alpo, lately you have made some posts that indicate that…you may be bored. Perhaps something new, interesting and involving bright colors and umbrella drinks. 

Maybe something as simple as somebody jingling a set of keys in his face.

• Haha 2

Just now, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Maybe something as simple as somebody jingling a set of keys in his face.

Okay, that deserves a few of these: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1