SASS Wire Forum

Edinburgh Castle

News has just been released that Edinburgh Castle has been built with no planning permission. The city cooncil building control have searched the records but can find no trace of any application, a cooncil spokesperson has said that the Castle is closed with immediate effect, a demolition order will be issued and a contract will be signed with Daltons to remove the offending structure. The man from the cooncil said "whether it is a garden hut in Pilton, a bungalow in Craigmillar or a major city centre tourist attraction, rules are rules, we cannot just allow people to build castles wherever they decide".

FB_IMG_1712528591472.thumb.jpg.6c19a1a02daea6c482974e22e9bfb9be.jpg

• Haha 2

Shoot the entire committee or department or whatever.

My wife and daughter visited Ireland many years ago  and my wife caused a commotion when she tried  to buy Bunratti  (SP?) Castle.  :lol:  She was kidding but the people there have no sense of humor.

This Edinburgh Castle? It’s in Scotland. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ec8cefb2252587edbc9593c8231c63a8.jpeg

Is this another news thing that’s actually a spoof Joe?

I forgot to add…Of course there’s an English Council. They have a flippin’ council for everything there. One of the reasons I refuse to live in Pennsylvania is their affection for being very British-like in all their BS regulations and control. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Shoot the entire committee or department or whatever.

My wife and daughter visited Ireland many years ago  and my wife caused a commotion when she tried  to buy Bunratti  (SP?) Castle.  :lol:  She was kidding but the people there have no sense of humor.

i agree - with the first thought , do they have nothing else more worsthwhile to spend time and efforts on ? 

or is this a publicity stunt ? its stupid enough to be that , 

A bad joke.  Magnificent castle, been there, climbed the hill with cameras.  The archers would have got me in the days when it was built, and I was very fit all those decades back.