SASS Wire Forum

UPS Gun Thieves

Johnny Buck

The pictures tell the story.

This is why I ship overnight, insured, and do not include the name of the gun store (FFL) I'm shipping to, just the name of the receiving party.  The box was apparently cut open and the inside gun bag was unzipped.  Thankfully, the gun was placed in one of the inside pouches and not the main compartment.  The gun was successfully delivered.  When they put the "insured" sticker on the outside of the box it just invites trouble.  I forwarded the pictures to my UPS representative.  

JB

Box 1.jpg

Box 2.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

So you’re saying you don’t use the name of the establishment that’s on the FFL? 

You address to the buyer? How can it be delivered if the buyer if he’s not in the store when it arrives? 
UPS lets someone not named on the box sign? 

Edited by John Barleycorn, SASS #76982

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Me too.  Just sloppy package handling.

Only use fiber reinforced tape... that non-re-inforced tape will snap under pressure, whereas the fiber reinforced tape will hold.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

PS lets someone not named on the box sign? 

I can't tell you how many times a firearm has been shipped to my front door on my C&R, and it's just been left there with no one asking for a signature.    Doesn't matter who the carrier was.  UPS, FexEx, Postal Service.  And, the sender asked for a signature.

If someone was going to steal it, the whole thing would be gone. Porch pirates don’t take the time to open a box. They run up, grab, and dash. There are thousands of security videos showing this. 

4 hours ago, Cholla said:

If someone was going to steal it, the whole thing would be gone. Porch pirates don’t take the time to open a box. They run up, grab, and dash. There are thousands of security videos showing this. 

I think he's saying it was delivered this way. Not done on the porch.

• Thanks 1

most eputable shippers have measures in place to prevent this , apprehend the culprits , and prosecute beyond anything hunter biden can imagine - after all we are all regular people , not of that privleged class