SASS Wire Forum

pat riot question ,

cannon , manix , all the old show's there are guns out - sometimes shots fired , but no-one gets really shot at nor hit ...........WHY ? 

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

cannon , manix , all the old show's there are guns out - sometimes shots fired , but no-one gets really shot at nor hit ...........WHY ? 

Because they can't hit s*** with their snub nosed .38 revolvers. Now the A-Team, they could spray hundreds of bullets around and never hit anything...that's skill!:rolleyes:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

Okay, not sure how I became a subject matter go-to guy…

I am pretty sure that back in the 60’s and 70’s broadcast TV had a moral code of ethics or some such thing. 
The good guys always win.

The gun shots were all warning shots.

If someone was to “die” it was done in a way to not show trauma (no blood or holes) 

Ah, I found it. Check this out. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Practices_for_Television_Broadcasters

• Like 3

I forgot to add that every show, movie, series also had Censor Panels review the shows for ethical and moral infractions. 

The movie ratings system was a good example of that. No one in the public knew who these people were on these panels, but they held a lot of sway with what we saw on TV. 

Matt Dillon never missed, always put at least two shots in the bad guy and almost always killed him!

John Wick rarely misses, as well.

The pink mist in many of those scenes is probably closer to fact, than is the pablum spewed by most shows.

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Matt Dillon never missed, always put at least two shots in the bad guy and almost always killed him!

But before ‘83 you never saw bullet holes in most bad guys on TV. ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

But before ‘83 you never saw bullet holes in most bad guys on TV. ;)

Okay, I'll bite, what happened in '83?

Just now, Cypress Sun said:

Okay, I'll bite, what happened in '83?

That’s when the television codes ended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Because they can't hit s*** with their snub nosed .38 revolvers. Now the A-Team, they could spray hundreds of bullets around and never hit anything...that's skill!:rolleyes:

ya , i forgot that show , im sure its still on somewhere here 

15 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Okay, not sure how I became a subject matter go-to guy…

I am pretty sure that back in the 60’s and 70’s broadcast TV had a moral code of ethics or some such thing. 
The good guys always win.

The gun shots were all warning shots.

If someone was to “die” it was done in a way to not show trauma (no blood or holes) 

Ah, I found it. Check this out. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Practices_for_Television_Broadcasters

ok , that explains some of it i guess , 

i had a question as well on why in the old movies the drivers always entered the car from the passenger side door sliding across the seat to the drivers side ? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, watab kid said:

ok , that explains some of it i guess , 

i had a question as well on why in the old movies the drivers always entered the car from the passenger side door sliding across the seat to the drivers side ? 

That I cannot tell you. :D

I always thought that was odd. 
To me it always seemed like a sissy move, but then I could see doing it in a city on a very busy street. 

One of my favorite series was / is Peter Gunn. In that series Peter Gunn does that a couple of times on dark empty streets. It just doesn’t look right to me. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

That I cannot tell you. :D

I always thought that was odd. 
To me it always seemed like a sissy move, but then I could see doing it in a city on a very busy street. 

One of my favorite series was / is Peter Gunn. In that series Peter Gunn does that a couple of times on dark empty streets. It just doesn’t look right to me. 

yup , i watched that the other night but it dosnt come on till the wee hours here so i seldom stay up to watch , i came to the conclusion that the old bench seats allowed it and back then drivers had the right of way [dont walk out in traffic as my father would say] i think the reason i cant relate is that pedestrians have had the ROW for most of my life 

im going to guess this can be traced back to horse and buggy days when you knew a horse was unpredictable and would never walk in front of one thinking it would stop for you , entitlement and the cell phone have changed the way pedestrians look at the worlds thoroughfares today , 

but then the fact that ive never owned a car with bench seats since my 66 buick skylark might have affected my thinking too , every other car ive owned had bucket seats , there was nothing easy about that slide across even with the bench seat but it was just not fun in any with buckets , my current truck would be just plain a pain for a young person with the console unit , 

• Like 1

Broderick Crawford on Highway Patrol never missed with his snubby!:P

• Haha 1