SASS Wire Forum

What ever happened to that new primer facility in Texas???

I've read weakly-authenticated articles that the Expansion Industries effort in Texas  failed, and even read rumors that the undertaking was a ruse or scam.

With American primer production for reloading now apparently getting back on line, I look forward to obtaining Winchester and Remington primers in the near future.

good luck, GJ

• Like 4

I have heard the same thing as Garrison Joe, particularly the part about it being a scam for investors. 

The holding company for https://whiteriverenergetics.com/ is https://www.dmholding.com/news/

It looks legitimate.  With the various small wars going on or possible in the near future there is going to be a bigger demand for the raw materials to make ammunition and a lot of lucrative government contracts for ammo around the world.  American reloaders are probably at the bottom of the list of customers .

As an aside, I was at a gun show today (it sucked), but I saw Winchester small pistol primers for $80/thousand and he had maybe 10 boxes of the WSP on the table.

The rumors of financial failure and abrupt layoff of a majority of employees at Expansion Industries site, supposedly from first hand accounts, caught my attention the most.  Exp Ind is the firm which the original question was about.  

White River Energetics is totally different company, AFAIK.   Based in Arkansas, not Texas.   Don't conflate them.  GJ

Edited by Garrison Joe, SASS #60708
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The place in Texas SUPPOSEDLY was producing the Ginex primers - the ones manufactured in Bosnia. The owner of ShootersWorld Powders has a relationship with “every primer manufacturer (I inferred the TX plant was almost a scam)”. SW imports the Ginex primers. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 1