SASS Wire Forum

Turkish Charles Daly 500 Coach Gun

In my opinion better than a Stoeger. I have one.

I normally shoot a SKB. 1 local match I brought out my Charles Daly and shot it instead of my SKB's.

I felt competent with it and would have no problem as it is my backup in case 1 of my SKB's goes down.

I shoot it from time to time in a local match just to make sure it is still fine tuned. I believe Boomstick Jay did the work on this one.

Out of the box it is already smoother than a Stoeger. This is just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is that "Charles Daly" changed the Turkish manufacturer last year, but sells the shotgun under the same name. Then you might be talking about 2 different weapons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have one from 8-10 years ago that my dad, Blue Boy sass 46773, bought and shot for several years, on loan to a friend . It was made in turkey, a model 506, I think, with the lock lug between the cylinders. I know others with the same gun and report no problem loading it. It feels nimble and easy to maneuver through a stage. I like it but prefer to shoot Josey Wales.

Imis

I've used one exclusively since 2019, love it.

Very light.

Takes some time to get used to full house black powder loads, if that's your thing, because it's so light.  As more smokeless stuff, I personally keep it at 1200fps or less.

I have had one that Doc Noper tuned up for me. As others have said, very lite and fun to shoot. I have had to replace the left firing pin several times.

15 hours ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

I have had to replace the left firing pin several times.

Any particular reason for this?

I mean, I put in the pins Shotgun Boogie makes, because I took it apart to clean it, and just thought 'why not?'

9 hours ago, Cemetery said:

Any particular reason for this?

Not that I know of.

New firing pin is from Shotgun Boogie and haven't had any problems.

Edited by Uncle Ethan # 94321