SASS Wire Forum

.32 S&W die set

They are impossible to find .

But FYI  You can use 32 ACP die set and a different shell holder .

Much easier to get .

Works great too .

Rooster. 

Screenshot_20240218_192234_Photos.jpg

• Haha 1

Lee still makes the dies for 32 s&w. Don't know if they are in stock or not

37 minutes ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

Lee still makes the dies for 32 s&w. Don't know if they are in stock or not

And they work great. 

Instock here https://www.titanreloading.com/product/32-sw-3-die-set-carbide/

Edited by Sedalia Dave

Last year, looking for dies for .32 S&W, I spent some time analyzing the different .32 caliber dies on Lee's website and what cartridges Lee says each is for.  I came up with this list of Lee's offerings (this might not include all dies that are just for the .32vH&R Mag/.327 Federal Mag):

Sizing:
.32 ACP/.32 S&W Long undersize
.32 S&W Long

Expanding:
.32 S&W/.32 ACP
.32 S&W Long/H&R Mag

Seating:
.32 S&W/.32 ACP
.32 S&W Long
.32 H&R/.327 Fed Mag

For such a short cartridge, expanding and seating/crimping are the important dies to get right, as the dies for longer cartridges might not reach down far enough to touch the mouth of the short case.  And for both expanding and seating, Lee uses the same dies as the .32 ACP.

Obviously for sizing, there's less of an issue reaching the case, and if you're getting it for black powder (like me) you might not need to size at all, as there won't be much case expansion.  The .32 ACP sizing die is listed as an "undersize" sizing die for the .32 S&W Long, so I figured that for only a few rounds I could live with that (or skip sizing), so the only remaining issue is the shell holder.  I already had a shell holder that would work for .32 S&W (IIRC without checking, it can use the same one as .380/.223), so I figured I'd just get some .32 ACP dies so I'd have that shell holder too and would be ready to go if I ever buy a .32 ACP.  And of course, the short-cartridge dies can still be used for .32 S&W Long, so that gives me the most flexibility.  YMMV.

Thanks to all for the information.  Am repairing the broken off ejecting ring on a H&R hammerless BP frame unit.

To trvlrmn, thank you for looking

To White Lightnin, Am looking for .32 S&W short case die set. Probably the .32 Long expanding /seating dies dies won't have  enough reach to work. Appreciate the effort. Nota

I attached a pic of P/N for 32S&W (short) If ya get in a bind PM me. You gotta be off center like me to shoot 32 short.  LOL

die32.jpg