SASS Wire Forum

Browning flapper

Y'all notice that that "first Browning machine gun" is not a Browning, right? It's a Henry design.

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Y'all notice that that "first Browning machine gun" is not a Browning, right? It's a Henry design.

Yep, Browning invented the "apparatus. It's a 73 Winchester rifle. Kind of a misleading headline but interesting nevertheless.

Browning museum, Ogden, Utah, west end or 24th (25th?  It's been a few years since I was there.) street in the old train station.  Been there a lot and still am amazed by the number of guns shown that I have owned or used over the years.

Got some really spectacular old cars in the north end or the same building....and a big yard full of train stuff outside.

19 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Take this post down! Somebody in the Gub'mint will decide your '73 Winchesters are potentially machine guns or assault rifles or something! :o

Only if you change the stock/fore end to black plastic and re-blue the receiver black. Then it's one of the evil assault rifles with the 30 magnum round clip.

43 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Take this post down! Somebody in the Gub'mint will decide your '73 Winchesters are potentially machine guns or assault rifles or something! :o

No only the actual flapper would be subject to a full auto ban and I have yet to see one anywhere .

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No only the actual flapper would be subject to a full auto ban and I have yet to see one anywhere .

In case more fire(power) is needed, break glass! :rolleyes:

Archived