SASS Wire Forum

Sold to a Vietnam era Green Beret and Chinook Driver 1895 Winchester Rifle $2200

1895 Winchester made in 1907.  35 Winchester Centerfire Caliber.  Good for anything in North America including the big bears, moose, elk and bad people.   President Teddy Roosevelt used one in 405 caliber for lions in Africa.  Called it his big medicine.  Strong rifling.  Comes with 50 loaded rounds and 15 empty brass.  I have a friend with the reloading dies so I never bought any.  Shoots any 35 caliber rifle bullet loaded into the 35 WCF case and for plinking, you can load the same bullet as the 357 magnum pistol.  Lots of blue left on the gun and the stocks, except for the forend which has a blemish or two, is good with varnish still present.  Text 225-324-2100  I am located in Prairieville, LA

IMG_1642[1].JPG

IMG_1643[1].JPG

IMG_1644[1].JPG

IMG_1645[1].JPG

IMG_1646[2].JPG

IMG_1647[1].JPG

IMG_1648[1].JPG

I have one in 30/40 Krag. Has a Climbing Lyman sight on it.   Fine old rifle. I’m looking forward to shooting it in Teddy Roosevelt WB at the Texas State WB match in March! 

Hoss, I had one in 30/40 Krag and it kicked more than this 35.  I figured if I was going to get kicked, I might as well get something bigger!  If I still have this gun then, I will shoot the WB match with you cause I am going to Texas State also!  Did you shoot Fort Parker long range?  You usually win it.  I could not make it to FP this year.

Rip Snorter, if you are providing information on pricing, you should direct people to look at Gun Broker, Guns International and Guns America.  The Midway video does not appear to have current pricing for 1895 Winchesters.  The video of Harry Potterfield is informative. If you are insinuating that I am asking too much, that is my choice.  If you are trying to be helpful, Thank you!

2 hours ago, Irish Pat said:

and putting a red dot sight barrel mount in front of the receiver 

Irish Pat,

You, sir, are evil incarnate for even thinking that.

La Sombra

Archived