SASS Wire Forum

Mossberg 590 Retrograde /Wildbunch??

Rancho Roy

I don't shoot WB for different reasons, but is the list of currently approved shotguns the real issue?  Most people that shoot WB already shoot SASS, so there is a pretty high chance that they already have a 97, and if not the Model 12 is still reasonably plentiful.   

6 minutes ago, July Smith said:

I don't shoot WB for different reasons, but is the list of currently approved shotguns the real issue?  Most people that shoot WB already shoot SASS, so there is a pretty high chance that they already have a 97, and if not the Model 12 is still reasonably plentiful.   

But this new Retrograde looks the part.....and isn't over 100 years old......And just might get through a Wild Bunch match without jamming......At the last shoot, someone made us laugh after seeing all the 97 jams..."They need some peanut butter to go with that jam!"

16 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

But this new Retrograde looks the part.....and isn't over 100 years old......And just might get through a Wild Bunch match without jamming.

You could say the same about any shotgun with a wood stock. Polymer stocks have only been around for about 30 years. It looks more traditional, but not 19th century traditional.

1 hour ago, Rancho Roy said:

Sure would be nice if powers that be would authorize this new shotgun  for Wild Bunch….It might bring in more shooters to the sport.

Suggest you post this on the WBAS forum.

I bought a Retrograde because I really liked the wood stock and the pump action.  However, the one I bought had a safety button that absolutely would not slide forward or back without wearing a blister on your thumb.  I can't believe that it passed inspection.  I was so disappointed that I returned it and no longer have the desire for one.  I realize that all makes could have some silly problem, but the plastic safety button was a poor choice for me.....

Archived