SASS Wire Forum

Coyote Cap 97 Problems

Rootin Tootin

I recently purchased an IAC 97 with a Coyote Cap action job. Cap's name and number on the bolt. It isn't running properly.  When shooting, it occasionally fails to slide full open and eject the empty hull. Even with dummies it still will occasionally fail to open completely, leaving about a 1/4 inch of the bolt visible.  It locks up and can't move further back.

With Cap gone to the cowboy town in the sky who best can repair my shotgun? I have no desire to do it myself.

Regards.  RT

My 97 guru ain't taking any new work at this time.

BUT, you'll probably get some top notch service from Outlaw Gambler.   I've handled his 

97 work and it is outstanding.

..........Widder

53 minutes ago, Rootin Tootin said:

I recently purchased an IAC 97 with a Coyote Cap action job. Cap's name and number on the bolt. It isn't running properly.  When shooting, it occasionally fails to slide full open and eject the empty hull. Even with dummies it still will occasionally fail to open completely, leaving about a 1/4 inch of the bolt visible.  It locks up and can't move further back.

With Cap gone to the cowboy town in the sky who best can repair my shotgun? I have no desire to do it myself.

Regards.  RT

I think Outlaw Gambler up in Wisc did alot of training with Cap and may be a good stop to first try.  

www.classicoldwesternarms.com I think is his website.   Very familiar with all of Caps guns.

A friend of mine had a similar problem. I suggested that he check the action hook screw and the firing pin screw at the back of the bolt. It turned out that the firing pin screw had backed out and was engaging the receiver and limiting bolt travel. 

Archived