SASS Wire Forum

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Exterminator told me they nest anywhere not just the ground. 

Really?  We talking about the same wasp?  I've never seen a yellow jacket anywhere but in the ground.  Maybe Southerns ones are different; or maybe I should be keeping an eye out elsewhere.

I have seen yellow jackets , in the ground , in corners of buildings , nests in old cars and trucks in junk yards 

I think the most unusual , was a nest in a archery target , ya ortta seen the mess , that cuased when hit 

worse tet , was when they attempted to retrieve the arrow 

CB 

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

Really?  We talking about the same wasp?  I've never seen a yellow jacket anywhere but in the ground.  Maybe Southerns ones are different; or maybe I should be keeping an eye out elsewhere.

We had a real problem with them at our cowboy range, they were in the buildings, roofs, ground and trees!

So they were Yellowjackets and I had an exterminator spray them. It actually takes a few days. The bees that were in the nest will die any new bees that come in will eat the dead ones and also die! Eventually the queen will die! It’s been 3 days and there’s still a few flying around the spot where the nest is and there’s some dead ones laying on the driveway. 

Yr Grandpa was wrong.  They will sting you anytime they damned well please.  It's when you get jumping around that they get even pissier than they were before. 

3 hours ago, MizPete said:

Yr Grandpa was wrong.  They will sting you anytime they damned well please.  It's when you get jumping around that they get even pissier than they were before. 

White Face Hornets are the same damn way! I swear they know you're in the neighborhood and will fly a quarter mile just to sting your a$$.

18 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

White Face Hornets are the same damn way! I swear they know you're in the neighborhood and will fly a quarter mile just to sting your a$$.

Please keep 'em Up North.  If they ever joined forces with the yellow jackets, life wouldn't be worth living outside in the Fall.

Archived