SASS Wire Forum

In need of parts for a Winchester 1890

Pee Wee #15785

Have a Winchester 1890 in 22 WRF.  It has been in the family since new.  It has went through 12 to 15 boys and is very much in need of TLC.  The mag tube, holders, and inside follower tube have been damaged over the years making it a single shoot.  4th gen owner would like to put it back to the nice lady she was when shipped from factory.  It is a takedown with serial number 472430.  Last PAT. date May 30 1911.  Stock has had a large piece of wood left side at neck broken out and repaired.  Yes I know it will cost to do it right but some times you just don't care. 

17 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Where can you get ammo for it?

CCI

i was going to suggest jack first as well , if your like me - the search is part of the process and the cost is not really the big concern - its having your 22 back in running order that matters ....i collect the darned things so ive done this a lot over the years 

Can you post some pictures?

Brownell's has some magazine tube parts - they're actually kinda generic.

AND there are a few YouTube videos that may be useful (even if not specific to the 1890)... and at the very least they're entertaining.  Here's one of many:

A pair I gave my son... 1890 over Model 62.

He started Cowboy Shooting at age eight with the 1890; the '62 was an eighth grade graduation present.

62901.jpg.7fd0df6d300ad20d64ca560d1185df06.jpg

Archived