SASS Wire Forum

New vaqueros for a 66 fair deal?

Black RZR

8I'm thinking I want a 66 in 44-40, 20 inch barrel and short stroked. If i put up my NMV's for trade, is this a fair trade? The ruger have the Blackhawk hammers and lighten springs. They are both 357. But one is 5.5 and one is 4.60. I'm in oregon so if I do make a deal I want to do it in person.

Vaquero prices are coming down - somebody posted a pic recently of some new New Vaqueros in a retail store that were... $699? Using that price, a '66 in good condition with a short stroke kit, you're still upside down, but not by a lot.

In my opinion if you get a fully raced out 66 (I would do a 73) you are still easily 400.00 over the price with a pair a Vaqueros.  If a guy had the rifle and some cash to throw in it then this would be a fair trade.  But that is just my humble opinion.  Example......... raced out rifles in 44-40 either 66 or 73 commonly posted for 1200-1500 for the last three years a pair of vaqueros 2,000.00 the market is just dried up on Vaqueros right now so the price is jacked up on them.

Archived