SASS Wire Forum

Well that was weird

Utah Bob #35998

So last night I went to bed at about 10 o’clock, turned on the tv and that’s the last thing I remember.
I woke up this morning and it was full daylight. I looked over at the clock and it was 11 am!
The TV was still on. I hadn’t put my Cpap mask on. What the fudge? How could I sleep over 12 hours? No dreams. No waking up to pee. 
I was disoriented. Did I pass out? Did I have a stroke? Something must be very wrong!

Then I noticed the bedstand lamp was still on. The same tv program was on. It wasn’t daylight. It was 11pm. I had been asleep about 45 minutes. 

I turned everything off and of course didn’t fall asleep for about another hour.

I’m changing my digital clock to the 24 hour display. 

Idiot. :blink:

Reminds me of coming home from school one day and falling asleep on the couch. My dad woke me up about 6 o'clock to get ready for school. After I got ready and went out to wait for the bus, I noticed it kept getting darker. And darker. And darker...

I frequently take a nap in the afternoon. I'll just lean my head back in the chair, and the next thing I know it's an hour or two later.

But the other day I actually felt tired, so I went in and laid down on the bed. I wake up and it's quite light in the room. Obviously the sun's up. But clock on the wall reads 3:15. Way too light outside for it to be 3:00 in the morning, so apparently the battery in the clock has died.

5 minutes or so later I realize that it's 3:15 in the afternoon, and I had awakened from my nap, not from my night's sleep.

I believe I would not have been confused, if I had not been in bed.

Since I retired my clock is off. My internal clock.

I have moved from the Pacific time zone to the Eastern time zone. 3 hours difference to the plus. For years I was in bed by 8:00 (20:00) and up around 3:00 (03:00).

My wife commented that I can now stay up past 11:00 where I used to hit the hay around 8:00. I reminded her that I am still sleeping my exact same schedule. There’s just a 3 hour time difference. 

So, the other night I made an effort to go to bed at 9:00 (21:00) I just got my fishing license and wanted to get up before the sun came up and go scout some early morning fishing spots. 
I could not get to sleep for a while. 
I awoke at 03:22.

My first thought was “Crap, I am 22 minutes late. I gotta get going. I hate getting in late.” Then I proceeded to go through my normal routine as if I was going to work. Even though I am in a completely different house and everything is completely different. No similarities to our old house at all. 
I was making a sandwich and packing my lunch when it dawned on me that I am now retired. I do not need to go to work. :D

At around 9:00 that morning it dawned on me that I completely forgot about going out and scouting early morning fishing spots. :rolleyes:

Nigh on 50 years ago, there were four of us in a Navy barracks room one winter at NAS Whidbey Island. One of our bunkmates came into the room late Sunday afternoon, worn out from his weekend, and hit the rack about 5:00 pm. Around 6:20, the other three of us got undressed, turned the lights off, laid down in our racks, and set an alarm for 6:30, as always. The alarm went off, we all got up and dressed, and out the door he went, hoofin' it for the flight line half a mile away. :lol:

10 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

So where did you go to bed , for sure not full daylight at 11pm in the lover 49 

I think you misunderstood something.

Archived