SASS Wire Forum

1870-1880 US Cavalry uniform in the Prescott, AZ Area???

Cholla

I am looking for someone that has a reasonably complete replica 1870s-1880s US Cavalry uniform that would like to pose with a Cimarron replica Ainsworth or Nettleton Colt for an article I am putting together. I don't have the guns at this moment. I am working to get this together before the last minute. No pay but you might end up in Guns or American Handgunner if all goes as planned. Or, if you're shy, I could just use the uniform as a backdrop. PM me if you can help.

I’ll go start the car.  :D

7A333314-1C80-4715-8E58-FAE208973B4A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If you're cavalry, shouldn't you saddle the horse?

car - phooey

Ate him. Life’s tough in the west.

17 minutes ago, Alpo said:

What's that on your right hip? It appears to be a nickel single action in a civilian holster.

It is a blued Uberti in an 1880s army experimental holster made by Trailrider.  Hyars a pic of it. Not sure why it looks nickeled.

321B0317-B270-4C29-B408-377F6CF95799.jpeg

I could roll around in the dirt to look more authentic. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

That's for your orderly to do, colonel darlin'!   Thanks for the plug, UB!

And it’s an awesomely crafted bucket! Love it.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

7th Cavalry commemorative?

I got one of them.

No. Nothin fancy. A Cattleman..

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’ll go start the car.  :D

You look great! Thanks to Injun Ryder I have a guy locally that has done enactments at the LBH and has the uniform. He is going to help me. I appreciate the offer.

Now I need the guns to actually ship. I am being told they won't be in stock for months. According to the Stoeger/Uberti USA media rep, COVID took some of the top craftsmen at Uberti and the loss has devastated their entire production family emotionally and capacity-wise.

I requested a LeMat in the height of COVID and after nine months I gave up. I requested a Cattleman 12 (12-shot .22) a year ago. No dice. I finally found a great used model with the 7 1/2" barrel on Gunsinternational Sunday. I requested an 1886 Winchester clone with 26" barrel in .45-70 from Uberti, Taylors, and Cimarron and none are in stock with no firm delivery date. So the article is on hold.

Took me eleven months to get my Uberti First Model American from Cimarron.  8", nickel plated in .45 Colt with checkered wood grips.  It was worth the wait.

Now, a message for Bob:  See, if you come down here to bring a uniform you can run into a whole herd of SASS folks in our community.  That alone would be worth the trip.  :P

seeing UB in that photo makes me wish i had my 1860 saber back , real not a replica , i sold/traded it with a reenactor years ago , nice looking getup there UB , ad you would not be dealing with that horse while enjoying that coffee [or whatever] 

Archived