SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

Interesting thing about plows.  When I lived in a very snowy suburb the operators would routinely fill the mouth of a driveway that i had already cleared with more than a large self propelled snowblower could handle.  If I was out clearing, I would stand in the mouth of the driveway.  Here in rural Montana the county plow operators are very careful not to plow in driveways.  Out here it wouldn't much matter, since  nearly all of us have machines of one type or another.

In the country side, here in Canada, the county plows travel at speeds that throw the quite a distance, spreading it pretty thin, often clearing the ditches and throwing it past the road allowance and into the fields. 

It only seems to be in our urban areas, the plows drive a lot slower and deposit the O(&%$% right at the end of the plow blade and in our  (**($() driveways!

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity!!

There is some indication that I have acquired another infection in my foot!

We’ll see tomorrow morning!

GRUMPY DON’T BEGIN…

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

@Blackwater 53393 will you please behave?!

I’ve actually done more to protect and promote the healing process this time than any of the previous episodes, not counting the very first one, nearly seven years ago!

I think I am more frustrated and angry than I have been in the entire sequence of events!

In each case, they have surgically removed, sometimes really large, portions of tissue from my foot and then left the site of the surgery open to heal “from the inside out”.  On nearly every occasion, I’ve been hit with another infection!  In the last six years, ten months, and five days, I have had the full use of my foot for a little over eight months!!!

We’ve gone through a literal semi-truckload of bandages, antibiotic creams and ointments, saline solution, alcohol, betadine, antiseptic gauze, and every known type and brand of anti-infection medication that we can lay our hands on. This doesn’t include the oral, injected, IV administered, and infused antibiotics that would fill a huge industrial refrigerator that I have consumed!

If you see a huge flash and hear a monster clap of thunder in the direction of Nashville around 7:45 AM CST tomorrow morning, you’ll know that I have decided to behave…

BADLY!!!   :ph34r:    :angry:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Prayers up Pard. This has certainly been a long road for you. Hope it heals up soon for you. You've earned the GRUMP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’ve actually done more to protect and promote the healing process this time than any of the previous episodes, not counting the very first one, nearly seven years ago!

I think I am more frustrated and angry than I have been in the entire sequence of events!

In each case, they have surgically removed, sometimes really large, portions of tissue from my foot and then left the site of the surgery open to heal “from the inside out”.  On nearly every occasion, I’ve been hit with another infection!  In the last six years, ten months, and five days, I have had the full use of my foot for a little over eight months!!!

We’ve gone through a literal semi-truckload of bandages, antibiotic creams and ointments, saline solution, alcohol, betadine, antiseptic gauze, and every known type and brand of anti-infection medication that we can lay our hands on. This doesn’t include the oral, injected, IV administered, and infused antibiotics that would fill a huge industrial refrigerator that I have consumed!

If you see a huge flash and hear a monster clap of thunder in the direction of Nashville around 7:45 AM CST tomorrow morning, you’ll know that I have decided to behave…

BADLY!!!   :ph34r:    :angry:

If ya don't mind my asking Blackwater, what caused all this hell in the first place? Can't believe how long you've been dealing with it!

EH

54 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

If ya don't mind my asking Blackwater, what caused all this hell in the first place? Can't believe how long you've been dealing with it!

EH

I don’t mind at all!

I got a small cut on the sole of my foot one night while traipsing around barefoot.  I cleaned and bandaged it and went on about my business.  

Despite our best efforts, it became infected, actually a strep infection.  It took about a week to become septic and things have been pretty rocky ever since!!

The first surgery resulted in a hole in the sole of my foot about the size of the top of a beer can. It was deep enough that the bones in my foot could be seen!

It took a year for the tissue to grow back, during which time, I contracted a MRSA infection that required more surgery.

It has never really healed completely and I have been on the operating table five more times for repair or removal of infected tissue.

The MRSA infection apparently stays with many people perpetually, sometimes relocating into other parts of the body.

I had one episode where it settled into my spine in the neck area.  It sent me into total sepsis, requiring over two weeks of testing to find it and spinal surgery to remove the damaged bone and soft tissue,replacing it with appropriate hardware. Then another six weeks of recovery and institutional rehabilitation, followed by several months of outpatient therapy! There’s a lot more to the story, but you get the gist.

My foot doctor took a serious look at the wound this morning and took cultures for research and diagnosis.  It is infected again, but at the moment, seems to be “under control”.

We SHOULD know, in a day or two, what variety this one is and what medication to employ to treat it.

So long as it doesn’t spread or cause other symptoms, I’m to continue with treatment as before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you Blackwater. You just can't seem to win with this thing. With all the wounds we get being guys, who'd a thunk it would turn into such a nitemare. Ellie and I sure hope they get it under control soon for you. Seven years is a wicked long time for something that seemed pretty innocuous to start with. Hang in there Pard. Prayers up again for successful healing.

Eyesa

• Like 2

And yet another reason why Canadians are GRUMPY!

Now get off the lawn!

Why CDN Rumps Screenshot-20240122-232550-Instagram.jpg

• Sad 1

Just to put things in perspective:

He became Leader of the Liberal Party in 2013

He became Prime Minister in 2015

In 2015 his reported net worth was 1.2 Million.

His reported net worth in 2023, from all sources, including investments, was 88 Million USD therefore making an average of a little less than 10 Million USD per year.

I wish I had his investment councilors.

• Like 1

It seems to help to get 30% of all the money that disappears and can't be accounted for by the liberal Hacks...

And the Head of the NDP that is a wanted terrorist that India wants to get their hands on...

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

Prayers up Blackwater, I'm starting to also have mobility issues with my right knee. My wife thinks it is complications of my diabetes. There are questions about me shooting this season without falling and creating a safety hazard right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I’m not having a very good week.

I took Schoolmarm to the ER on Wednesday after my own doctors that morning!  Long story short, she’s in the ICU with severe dehydration, ph balance issues, her kidneys are not functioning well, and when I got back to the hospital after a trip home for my own medications, I was informed that she had Covid as well!

They’re giving her massive fluid infusions and adding electrolytes and potassium to correct the ph balance.  She has improved some, but it’s still not under control.

I spent most of the last two days with her at the hospital and I think they’re doing all that they can.  I’m hopeful.

On my own issues, the infection is still going and one of my doctors wants to put me in the hospital and likely do more surgery on my foot. The infection hasn’t spread that we can tell, but it’s not going away either!

It’s a little after 8:30 and I’m waiting on my clothes to dry so that I can change and head back to the hospital.

I will update over on the prayer thread when I get the morning reports.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Prayers are still for you and Schoolmarm Blackwater. Dang you guys have been through some crap. Ellie and I are hoping all works out soon for you two.

Eyesa & Ellie 

• Thanks 1

Blackwater;

Prayers going up for the both of you, from North of the Medicine Line...

May God Bless and Keep you Both in the center of his will....

Lord I ask that you bring healing Amen!

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 8:27 AM, Dapper Dynamite Dick said:

Prayers up Blackwater, I'm starting to also have mobility issues with my right knee. My wife thinks it is complications of my diabetes. There are questions about me shooting this season without falling and creating a safety hazard right now.

Make sure that you get the diabetes under control!  It’s taken me several tries to find the right diet and the right combination of medications to get me to where my numbers are acceptable.

These problems with my foot are the result of diabetic impropriety.  Once that starts, it’s almost impossible to get it squared away.

See an orthopedist and find help for the knee problem.

While I was in the ER yesterday, they accused me of being a crash test dummy. They have no idea how close they are to being right!

Don’t ignore the issues! DEAL WITH THEM PROPERLY!!

• Like 1

GRUMPY NOW!!

Early last year we changed our mailing address from a PO box to a mail box at the street. Just had to pay the PO to extend forwarding as not all contacts seem to have gotten the message!:angry: Just last week we finally ordered new checks and return address labels. 

This morning I get a call from the State E911 to tell me they are changing my number, that they gave me 23 years ago!:angry: So now bunches of money again to try and get my address changed. I'm pi$$ed to say the least. This time will include our drivers license as it's always had the physical address for NICS checks. MVD charges to issue new licenses.:ph34r:

GRUMP,GRUMP,GRUMP

• Sad 1

We're closer to a Communist state than you are!

Na-na-na-............................Wait! Why am I cheering???????????????????

Tjm07Vi79EfN.jpeg

• Thanks 2

He needs to take a Walk like the thing he claims is his Dad did 40 years ago...

Then he needs to become like his Dad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dead.

• Like 1

I don’t wish anyone dead, but life in prison at hard labor with no possibility of parole or pardon would definitely be a great start!!

Sure makes ya wonder how these clowns keeping getting reelected.

• Like 1

It's those eastern Liberals that and Rigged Voting Counts....

And a bunch of over sea's Military Votes getting lost...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1

BTT: 

Hot Coffee and Cinnamon Buns Fer DA Grumps, the First 6 anyway.... The steads will have to paw the snow aside to find grazing, Sorry.

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting really Grumpy I haven't been able to ride my Honda Shadow at all this Month... Just when I was thinking "One More" day of melting, Winter came back :angry::( 

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 2

Don't let da big Bad dentist Scare ya DDD... He's likely nice to Kids and the mentally Infirm...

He might even give you a lolly Pop... :angry::(:ph34r: 

Jabez Cowboy

• Haha 2