SASS Wire Forum

I wonder if anyone is this strange?

Alpo

I wonder if anyone has intentionally set out to get books in their personal library with the same title?

Example - Alan LeMay, the guy that wrote The Searchers, also wrote a book called The Unforgiven (made into a movie with Audie Murphy, Burt Lancaster, and Audrey Hepburn). On my book bub suggestions list this morning they have The Unforgiven. Not the same one though. This one is a modern story taking place in New Orleans.

This caused me to remember many times I have been trying to look up a book, and even though I have the title correct, the search turns up the wrong book. Because there will be two or three or twenty books with that title written over the decades.

Happens in the Music Industry as well. :wacko:

http://www.vh1.com/news/25138/hit-songs-with-the-same-title/

On the topic of Book Titles....

https://bookriot.com/books-with-the-same-title/

7 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I generally look up the author, hellps keep title confusion to a minimum.

Years ago my wife told me she wanted this book. I don’t recall the name now but I went to Barnes & Noble and founded her book and gave it to her for her birthday. It wasn’t the book she wanted. Now I also ask for the author’s name. 

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Years ago my wife told me she wanted this book. I don’t recall the name now but I went to Barnes & Noble and founded her book and gave it to her for her birthday. It wasn’t the book she wanted. Now I also ask for the author’s name. 

Title should have given it away....

Snip-it_1650816754924.jpg.989d681928a315dbf74d8bea3ee6c72a.jpg

15 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Title should have given it away....

Snip-it_1650816754924.jpg.989d681928a315dbf74d8bea3ee6c72a.jpg

No idea what you mean but please know; I cannot freakin’ stand Alan Alda. 

I mentioned Audie Murphy in the first post.

There's a western. Night Passage. Made into a movie. Jimmy Stewart and Audie Murphy. Brothers. Jimmy worked for the railroad and Audie robbed trains.

And there's an eastern. Night Passage. Also made into a movie. Tom Selleck. Jesse Stone is the police chief of Paradise Massachusetts.

I don't have both books, but I do have both movies, and it can get confusing.

I wonder if anyone is this strange?

Sure. Lot's of people are this strange.

Wait...how strange??:D

20 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sure. Lot's of people are this strange.

Wait...how strange??:D

history-cowboy-stranger-westerns-saloon-bars-kmhn194_low.thumb.jpg.208c9a0ce5652e488944f73eb96c2cd2.jpg

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I can think of one guy that's named for a dog food, but it would be uncouth to actually mention any names.

JHC ;)

That's interesting. I used to work with a guy named Puppy Chow. There was also a girl named Little Friskies. Had to be careful around her - her claws were sharp.

Archived