SASS Wire Forum

Slicked up Navy arms sxs feedback

Fill Yer Hand

• Fill Yer Hand changed the title to Slicked up Navy arms sxs feedback

Deuce indicated he would make a follow up video after the gun had been worked over.

Right about the time I first heard of these guns a new shooter in my area purchased one.  He is having it smithed now.

I bought two of the new Navy Arms side x sides.  I will finish work on one today and it is sold. So far the work has gone very well and I feel that the finished results will be very good, expecially for the price of the gun. I've started the second gun, but having shoulder replacement surgery on Tuesday will slow my progress.  It will be done and taken to EOT with me. Johnny Meadows

6 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I've started the second gun, but having shoulder replacement surgery on Tuesday will slow my progress.  It will be done and taken to EOT with me. Johnny Meadows

That, Sir, is pretty hardcore. Heal well.

7 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I bought two of the new Navy Arms side x sides.  I will finish work on one today and it is sold. So far the work has gone very well and I feel that the finished results will be very good, expecially for the price of the gun. I've started the second gun, but having shoulder replacement surgery on Tuesday will slow my progress.  It will be done and taken to EOT with me. Johnny Meadows

Take care of that shoulder!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the Navy Arms Coach from Johnny last week and shot it in a monthly match three days later.  Wow.  I really like it. 

I've not shot other guns tuned by professionals, but compared to my Stoeger and TTN that I de-burred and slicked up myself, this thing is miles better.  I'm not sure I can go back to those others for any reason if the Navy Arms was available.

Very light and easy to point, move between stages, etc.  Shucked every empty neatly with a one-handed jerk straight backward.  Closed with ease.

Archived