SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Christmas music

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I led a brass quintet in the Raleigh area back in the early 1990s.  Christmas and weddings were our forte (pun intended).

Still blowing horns and like the variety of Christmas tunes from hymns to classics to modern.

By this time of year, I honestly have to admit that I am done with Christmas Music.  We are inundated with it from mid October.  Christmas is a single day, but XMAS is 3 months long, and that is too much.  Stores around me were filling XMAS stuff into the store mid October as the Halloween stuff (that had been on sale since the beginning of September) sold out.  There have been Christmas movies on TV since July.  There were a few Channels on Directv that actually advertised it as "Christmas in July".  AMC shows the same 3 or 4 Christmas movies every day.  I could have watched ELF 162 times in the last week alone if I had wanted to.

I long for the days that the XMAS season didn't start until after Thanksgiving.

Not sure if I should sign this post as Scrooge or Grinch...

23 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

How old is that child?  She' beyond good.

Near as I can find out, today she's 19.

No idea her age in that video.

You're right.

She IS beyond good!!!

19 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

There's a radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7 from Thanksgiving on. Their playlist is almost entirely "Santa Baby" (Madonna), "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". These days I leave the radio off.

I stopped watchingJimmy Stewart's Christmas movie about twenty years ago when almost every TV station in southern California played it around the clock for two straight weeks.  I can't even stand the name of the movie anymore.

Archived