SASS Wire Forum

Ammo and other

Tex Jones, SASS 2263

Just got back from the local Scheels.  Plenty of ammo on the shelves.  Most of all was Remington 5.56 at around $15 for box of 20 rounds.  Packaged in 600 round lots for $450.  Winchester second most.  Lots of 40 cal from Remington and American Eagle (can't remember the price, but not exorbitant ).  38 Spl available at $32/50rounds.   Sig Sauer 45 ACP "Elite" at $50/50 rounds.  Don't remember seeing 9 mm, but I'll bet it was there.  No limits.  Not as much shotgun ammo; mostly hunting loads from Federal.  Plenty of 22 ammo on hand.  .308 ammo at $20+ for Remington down to $15-16 for Wolf steel case.

Several boxes of Dillon presses (mostly 750s), although a few of the local stores have had them for a while.  No primers and very little powder (only Hodgdon 869).

I went to a store here called Ammo Bros yesterday. It’s a local chain store here in SoCal. 

They had some ammo, no primers but they did have a good selection of Hodgdon powders and Hornady bullets. 

No Trail Boss though…darn!

The Bass Pro shelves here regularly now have a lot of rifle calibers, and 9 mm, and a couple of other auto pistola cals, but still are very lacking on 'standard' revolver loads; .44s, .38, .45 etc. Little .22.

By no means back to normal; just better.

There’s a couple places around here that have CCI primers at $6.99 for 100. Lots of 9mm, no .45 or .38 and a little.380. Mostly 5.56/.223. There’s hardly no powder except for some Hogdon, Universal Clays, TiteWad and some TiteGroup

I was at the local pawn/gun center yesterday. While browsing around looking at things I couldn’t afford, I spied a box of 1000 Winchester Large Rifle primers, sitting in a locked case with some high end pistols. I had to ask, so I found a clerk and inquired as to the price. His reply-$125.00.

I just shook my head and walked out…

Archived