SASS Wire Forum

Stetson Buffalo felt hat?

Anyone have this hat? What your opinions of it? Is it a felt that takes to being reshaped? I keep seeing them at the western wear stores and like the color and look of the felt.

https://www.bootbarn.com/stetson-powder-river-4x-buffalo-fur-felt-hat/096B41.html?source=PPC_Criteo_Mens_Hats_096B41&utm_campaign=criteo_dpa_fb&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=criteo

I have 2 of them. They reshape just fine and they're a nice step up from wool felt. Can't vouch for how they do in a heavy rain, but should it ever rain here again, I'll throw one on and run out to see.

Mine is real nice and has survived light rain but not yet a real soaking. If you mean reshaping into a long oval fit, you should special order that. Forcing the long oval head into a more rounded shape will change the brim. Mine did not stay flat.

I have a Stetson buffalo 4x Drifter... great hat... they do loose their shape slowly but with a little bit of steam can be reshaped easily... did not have it wet yet

I have the Seneca, and like it, since it's not like every other hat around town.

Stetson Men's 4X Buffalo Felt Seneca Western Hat | Boot Barn

I haven't gotten it wet, so I don't know about that aspect of it.

But I've noticed that the crease is like the hats on TV westerns from the 60's, which is maybe why I was drawn to it.

I bought the "Drifter" model in this series and really like it. It seems to hold it's shape really well so far. I bought mine in Laramie, WY this summer.

2 hours ago, Rube Burrows said:

I have one. It is a well made hat. I don't wear it thought cause I bought it just a tad to tight at 7 1/4 I believe. 

If it's just "a tad", a hat stretcher will hook you right up. If it's a touch more than that, it might change the brim.

Oh, and the size is just a bit different between hats. Of the 2 I have, one is a little tighter than the other. 

I have the Stetson Buffalo 4X Seneca model hat in Grey, it fits perfectly looks and looks great. Haven't gotten it wet though.

Archived