SASS Wire Forum

Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome.

Raylan

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm going to that Special Hell.   I  want to see her get pulled over and hear the officer tell her to put her hands on the wheel. 

Sorry. I thought of it first. But I bet she actually thought of it first. And laughed. ;)

15 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm going to that Special Hell.   I  want to see her get pulled over and hear the officer tell her to put her hands on the wheel. 

In the Silmarillion there is a man who falls in love with a elvish princess. To prevent their marriage, her father sends him on a suicidal quest to pry a Silmaril jewel from the crown Morgoth and return it to the elves.  He succeeded in hoisting the jewel but when confronted by the guard dog gets his hand with the jewel in it bitten off.  He returns to the king and ends up with the princess because of a technicality in how the quest was worded (he did indeed return with the jewel "in hand")... the jewel was later recovered and the man and elf were given the task of carrying the jewel across the sky as one of the stars.  They had 2 sons who were given the choice between mortal and immortal lives.  One chose mortality, he was the founder of the line of kings that Aragon is decended from, the other chose immortality,  he is Elrond.  The light that Galadriel gives Frodo is derived from that Silmaril/star.  And now you know the rest of the story.

Edit:  Elrond and Elros' Father was also a half elf and was married to Beren and Luthien's granddaughter, He's the one who carried the Silmaril/Star not Beren and Luthien...  Sorry, it's been a decade or two since I last read through the Silmarillion.

When I was a kid I met an auto mechanic that lost both of his forearms / hands in Vietnam. He had the gripping hook prosthetic forearms.

He did tuneups at an auto shop my Dad frequented. That guy had a wonderful attitude and a drive to succeed. An impressive man, at least to me. Thanks for the videos, @Raylan& @Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967

:) 

Archived